The Orion Master’s Energy Scholarship program at the University of Canterbury supports schooling towards a master’s degree program at the University of Canterbury by candidates who are engaged in research related to the energy field. The scholarship award is offered by Orion New Zealand Limited.
The University of Canterbury in New Zealand
Level/Field(s) of study:
Master’s degree in energy
Number of Scholarships:
Students from all countries
The scholarship award is valued at NZD 16,500, valid for 1 year.
Eligibility for Orion Master’s Energy Scholarship at University of Canterbury
Applicants are required to be students who are enrolled at the university in a course of up to 120 points, in either:
- a program for a master’s degree that comprises a thesis, dissertation, or research project with a credit rating of at least 90 points relevant to the energy field in the widest sense; or
- a program for a MEngSt (Renewable Energy) program that comprises a 30-point research project.
Applicants will be assessed on academic achievement and the candidates’ potential to contribute to the energy field.
How to Apply for Orion Master’s Energy Scholarship at University of Canterbury
Applications for the scholarship award will be open approximately 8 weeks before the application closing date, which is 15 October 2020, for studies commencing January 2021.
By 10 December in the year of application:
- applicants are required to have met the academic requirements for enrolment in the qualifying program at the University;
- candidates should have obtained final confirmed grades for the qualifying degree; and
- candidates requiring admission with equal standing should have had this admission confirmed unconditionally (with any English language prerequisite).
Please visit the official website (link found below) for additional information on how to apply for this scholarship award.
- 15 October 2020
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here