Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship in UK 2021
The University of Oxford provides Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship award in History for foreign students to study for a postgraduate degree for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The scholarship award is jointly sponsored by the University and by Sir John Swire, who studied History at University College from 1948, and is an esteemed Old Member (alumnus) and Honorary Fellow of University College.
The University of Oxford is a academic research university situated in Oxford, England, United Kingdom. While having no established date of creation, there is proof of teaching as early as 1096, making it the oldest institution of higher learning in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest extant university.
One full Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship is obtainable for candidates who are applying to any full-time graduate program in the Faculty of History within the range agreed by University College. To check whether the program you are hoping to apply for is accepted by University College, please check the applicable Course page.
The scholarship award provides course fees and awards a grant for living expenses. Scholarship awards are made for the full length of your fee liability for the agreed program.
The scholarship award is only valid at University College. All qualified candidates will be considered for the scholarship award, notwithstanding which college (if any) you specify as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful candidates will be moved to University College so as to take up the scholarship.
Worth of Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship
- The scholarship award covers course fees and an award for living expenses. Scholarship awards are made for the full length of your fee liability for the agreed program.
Eligibility for Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship
- The scholarship award is only valid at University College.
- All qualified candidates will be given consideration for this scholarship, irrespective of which college (if any) you specify as your preference on the graduate application form.
- However, successful candidates will be moved to Nuffield College so as to take up the scholarship award.
- One full Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship award is obtainable for candidates who are applying to any full-time graduate program in the Faculty of History within the range agreed by University College.
How to Apply for Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarship
If you satisfy the eligibility requirements and apply for your program by the relevant January closing date, you will be automatically given consideration for the scholarship award as part of the standard admissions procedure, or gotten in touch with directly by the University and requested to apply. Please check the Standard scholarship selection terms for additional information about the application and selection procedure.
- Sign up for an account: When you select ‘Apply’ on your program page, you’ll be prompted to sign up for a new graduate applicant account, or sign into your account if you have one before now. You can use one account to make as many applications as you wish.
- Login to your account: You can gain access to your graduate applicant account with the use of the following link: www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/applyonline.
- Using the application form: The application form is attuned to most web browsers, like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. If you’re making use of Internet Explorer, you’ll have to use version 9 or later.
- Multiple applications: You can apply to as many programs as you like for the 2021-22 study, and many candidates apply to more than one program. If you are applying to over one course, verify that you meet the entry criteria for each one.
The fees displayed are yearly rates for full-time study unless otherwise stated. You should anticipate and make provisions for fees increasing on an annual basis. Fees for the netx academic year are published in September of the present academic session.
EU candidates should refer to their dedicated webpage for information about the implications of the UK’s intentions to leave the European Union.
The application closing date is January 2021, based on their course.
Click here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here