The International Peace Scholarship Fund which was founded in 1949 is a program that offers PEO International Peace Scholarships to selected women from other nations for graduate education in the United States and Canada.
Accredited Universities and Colleges in the United States or Canada
Levels/Fields of study:
Masters or Ph.D. Program in any area of study provided at accredited Universities.
Scholarship awards are not granted for online programs, research, internships or for practical training if not joined with coursework.
Number of PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women:
The scholarship awards are granted as GRANTS-IN-AID and are not intended to provide all academic or personal costs. The maximum scholarship award amount for one (1) year of study is $12,500, on the basis of need. Lesser amounts may be granted in accordance with individual needs.
A beneficiary in graduate school is allowed to apply for one (1) renewal of her scholarship award. She may obtain scholarship aid for no more than two (2) years.
Eligibility for PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women
- A candidate has to be eligible for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate program in a recognized college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A candidate who is a national or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not qualified.
- So as to qualify for her first scholarship award, a candidate is required to have a full year of coursework left, be enrolled and in residence for the whole school year.
- Doctoral candidates who have finished coursework and are working only on dissertations are not qualified as first-time applicants.
PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women – How to Apply
Eligibility has to be verified before application material is sent to candidates. The eligibility details are obtainable at the official website at any time but the filled form will be accepted by electronic means in the IPS office only between 15 September and 15 December 2020.
Please read the Scholarship Policy and go to the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship award.
- September 15, 2020 – IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms
- December 15, 2020 – Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
Not interested in this scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here