With the aim of helping foreign students who face financial hardships, King’s College London is happy to award the Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary for the academic session 2021-2022. The bursary will assist bachelor or master degree candidates in the UK.
This Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary is available to foreign students including students from EU nations and also UK students towards a bachelor or master degree program in nursing. The bursary will provide the accommodation and living expenses of the beneficiaries.
King’s College London is a state-owned research university standing at 7 in the UK in line with The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, driven by challenging ideas and causing change through research. The school believes in giving back to society via meaningful service.
Why should you choose King’s College London? King’s College London is a globally respected university delivering excellent education and world-leading research devoted to driving positive and sustainable change in society and achieving a vision of making the world a better place. With a strong network of 170,000 old students, it has an extended band of opportunities for its scholars and is ranked 31st in the world and fourth in the United Kingdom for graduate employability.
Application Deadline: 6th September 2021
Brief Description of Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary
- University or Organization: King’s College London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor or Master
- Award: £500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
Benefits of Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary
The scheme will offer pre-registration nursing students funding of up to £500 towards the following:
- Help meet accommodation costs while on your programme extension
- Help with living costs while on your programme extension
Eligibility for Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary at King’s College London
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the UK and other international countries including EU countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for Bachelor or Master degree in Nursing with Registration as an Adult Nurse, Registration as a Children’s Nurse, Registration as a Mental Health Nurse, or Registration as a Midwife at KCL.
To be eligible, the candidates are required to meet all the following/given conditions:
The fund is open to home, foreign and EU students on the following pre-registration programs:
- BSc/MSc Nursing with Registration as an Adult Nurse
- BSc/MSc Nursing with Registration as a Children’s Nurse
- BSc/MSc Nursing with Registration as a Mental Health Nurse
- BSc Midwifery with Registration as a Midwife
Candidates who in the past have been awarded from the King’s Coronavirus Financial Assistance Fund, and/or King’s Hardship Fund may still apply.
When assessing your application, they will take into consideration your household income, which you would have presented as part of your 2020-21 Student Finance England application.
Please also take note that due to the limited funds available, not all candidates will be successful in their applications for funds.
How to Apply for Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary
Candidates should first submit the general admission application for the program through the university application portal. Candidates can apply here for the Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary. Candidates should expect to get an outcome after 23rd September 2021.
Supporting Credentials: The students are expected to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- University/high school transcripts
- Official English translation
Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent to secure admission at KCL.
Language Criteria: The candidates must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAE – 185
- CPE – 185
- IELTS Academic – 7.0
- PTE – 69
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- ISE – Level III
To discover more about the Perseverance Trust Coronavirus Bursary scheme, please get in touch with the Student Funding Office.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here