Radcliffe Institute Fellowship in USA 2021
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University in the USA invites applications for the 2021 Radcliffe Institute Fellowship from exceptional scientists, writers, scholars, public intellectuals, and artists.
Located in Radcliffe Yard—a sanctuary in the centre of Harvard University—fellows become part of a uniquely cross-disciplinary and creative community. A Radcliffe Institute Fellowship is a chance to step away from typical routines and dive totally into a project. With access to Harvard’s unmatched resources, Radcliffe fellows grow new tools and methods, take on artistic and scholarly conventions, and lighten our past and our present.
All through the year, fellows convene on a regular basis to share their work in progress. Coming from diverse fields and perspectives, they tackle each other’s ideas and support each other’s goals. Many proclaim that it is the best year of their professional lives.
About Radcliffe College
In the late 19th century, a period in which women were banned from attending Harvard, a cohort of educators came together to assist qualified women scholars to gain access to instruction by Harvard faculty. This effort later on led to the creation of Radcliffe College.
It was not until 1999 that Radcliffe would formally combine with Harvard University, and today’s Harvard Radcliffe Institute would be created.
Although Radcliffe stopped being a women’s college in 1999, its history and values are alive and well. Indeed, Radcliffe College’s heritage is at the heart of the Institute’s work till date.
The Harvard Radcliffe Institute is distinctive among the many eminent schools of Harvard: cross-disciplinary by design and stimulated by an institutional legacy of promoting inclusion.
Worth of Radcliffe Institute Fellowship
- Radcliffe Institute fellows stay in residence for a length of nine months from September 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022, and get an allowance of $78,000 plus an extra $5,000 to cover project costs. Fellows are required to be free of their regular obligations so that they may completely devote themselves to the work described in their proposal.
- As this is a residential fellowship, fellows are expected to reside in the Greater Boston area for the duration of their Radcliffe Institute Fellowship. Fellows may be qualified to receive extra funds for moving costs, childcare, and accommodation to aid them in making a smooth transition. Healthcare options are made accessible as needed.
- Radcliffe Fellows are given office or studio space in Byerly Hall and full-time Harvard positions as visiting fellows, affording them access to Harvard University’s different resources, like libraries, accommodation, and athletic facilities. If fellows would like to employ Harvard undergraduate students as Research Partners, they will provide their hourly wages.
Eligibility for Radcliffe Institute Fellowship
- They are looking for diversity along many dimensions, like discipline, career stage, nation of origin, race and ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation, and ideological outlook. Although the fellows come from many various backgrounds, they are united by their proven excellence, collegiality, and creativity.
- Radcliffe supports engaged scholarship. They take applications from scholars and professionals who connect research to law, policy, pressing social matters, and/or who seek to actively engage audiences outside academia.
- Reflecting Radcliffe’s unique history, each year some projects focus on women, gender, and society or draw on the Schlesinger Library’s rich collections. In 2020–2021, one fellow will be designated a Mellon-Schlesinger fellow, as part of the project commemorating the centennial of the 19th Amendment.
How to Apply for Radcliffe Institute Fellowship
- Application for this opportunity is online through their websites.
- Candidates may put in as individuals or in a cohort of two to three people working on the same project.
The closing date for applications in social sciences, humanities, and creative arts is September 10, 2022. The deadline for applications in science, engineering, and mathematics is October 1, 2021.
Visit here for more details and to apply
Not interested in Radcliffe Institute Fellowship? See other USA scholarships here