RMIT University welcomes applications for the RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships for Mres students to work in CSIRO on a variety of projects across Science, Engineering and Health fields in 2021.
RMIT is a global leader in Architecture; Art and Design; Engineering; Education; Computer Science and Information Systems; Development; Business and Management; and Communication and Media Studies. Their teaching, learning and research programs are constantly brought up to date so that scholars, staff and graduates are prepared to take on the challenges of the 21st century.
Complete project information are obtainable on the relevant School web page. Candidates to the Schools of Engineering, Science or Health and Biomedical Sciences will be required to search on the phrase RMIT-CSIRO Masters to access the available projects.
Worth of RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships
- The RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships offers an allowance of $31,260 per year (pro-rata) for two years
- Successful foreign candidates will also be granted an International Tuition Fee Scholarship award
Eligibility for RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships
To be qualified for the RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships, you have to:
- Possess first-class honours or 2A honours or equal degree in a relevant field of engineering/science;
- be an Australian national, Australian permanent resident or a foreign student satisfying the minimum English language criteria;
- offer proof of acceptable oral and written communication skills;
- display the ability to function as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- satisfy RMIT’s entry conditions for the master by research degree program.
- candidates have to be in Australia when applying and starting schooling (Australian borders are not opened due to the COVID 19 pandemic).
How to Apply for RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships
Interested applicants are required to view the details in the project links given below and get in touch with the RMIT supervisor to express their interest including:
- a statement to outline your interest
- a soft copy of your academic transcripts
- a CV that comprises any publications and the contact information of two referees.
You must also hand in an application for ‘Admission Only’ via your relevant School and Program, through the Online application service.
Terms and Conditions
The RMIT-CSIRO Scholarships will only be granted to applicants who are enrolled in a research Master’s degree program at RMIT.
This scholarship award will be administered by RMIT’s University Research Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
If you have been granted a scholarship award which has been financed by your school or advisor, you will have to get in touch with your school to discuss individual scholarship award stipends and entitlements. Please be aware, the full scholarship award stipends listed in these Terms and Conditions may not be applicable to your own situation.
RMIT University retains the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and will notify all scholarship award beneficiaries in writing of any alterations.
Scholarship awards are granted based on a competitive selection procedure that ranks candidates according to their academic accomplishments, research outputs and applicable professional experience.
Priority is afforded to candidates who,
- have attained a high distinction in the last two years of the qualifying program(s). At RMIT, a score of high distinction denotes an academic accomplishment of 80% or more
- may be seen by RMIT as possessing an equivalent level of academic achievement, putting into consideration past study, applicable work experience, research articles and other research experience
- are or will be registered and mainly based at an RMIT Australian campus
It is required that foreign candidates will submit prove of English language proficiency and satisfy the English language criteria by the required date as stated as part of the scholarship award round for which they are putting in.
Presently enrolled applicants putting in for a scholarship or applicants transferring to RMIT from a different institution should have a minimum of 24 months (or part time equivalent) for PhD and 12 months for Masters by research candidature left from the start of the scholarship award.
Applications will end when available scholarship openings have been filled.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here