Application is now open for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the Scholarship
The 2023–2024 Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships are fully funded awards for overseas students. These scholarships are offered for master’s and doctoral degrees. These scholarships will pay 1350 euros each month. Additional 100 euro lump sum payments are also available to cover the expenses of additional health care subsidies.
The Federal Foreign Office, often known as the Auswärtiges Amt, is responsible for funding this initiative. Based on the average length of time or number of semesters you spend studying (Regelstudienzeit), the scholarship’s maximum time frame is determined. If the requirements have been met, the scholarship will first be awarded for one year and thereafter for the entire duration. Additional extensions beyond the Regelstudienzeit are feasible.
Additionally, it arranges for practical training in areas like rhetoric, conflict resolution and other critical skills, time management and self-management, enhancing academic credentials, text and writing workshops, and specialized technique seminars.
Details about Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters, PhD
Host Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The following advantages are offered to recipients of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships:
For Masters: The 850€ monthly basic scholarship also includes a lump sum payment of 20€. Additional financial aid of up to 86 euros is also available for health and nursing insurance.
For Ph.D.: The doctorate scholarship, which is worth 1350 euros per month, is generally independent of one’s salary. Additional lump sum payments of 100 euros are also available to cover the costs of additional healthcare subsidies and research expenses. Additionally, scholarship applicants may get funding to cover the expense of international travel (for conferences, research, etc.).
Note: Both German and Euro courses may be funded by the organization.
Eligibility Criteria for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
- English language proficiency is required. German language ability (B2 or higher)
- All countries in the world are eligible. Preference is given to women, students from disadvantaged backgrounds, immigrants, those in need in society, people with disabilities, and people who have proven their ability and dedication. Applications from technical college graduate students, as well as undergraduate and Ph.D. students studying science and technology, are warmly encouraged.
- All MA applications must be submitted in either German or English. Students attending German universities must be registered at one of these schools.
- Ph.D. students must be accepted to a German institution and have either an acceptance letter (Zulassung) or a certificate of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the upcoming semester. Your enrollment must be verified at the latest by the commencement date of the scholarship.
- Basic German language skills (the institution can finance further lessons). Excellent command of the English language; involvement in communal, political, or social causes.
- High academic and professional credentials (evidence of above-average performance in school and/or university classes)
- Engagement in politics and society in line with Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung objectives German language proficiency (B2 level or higher).
- Personal and family history
Application Procedure for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship
If you would like to apply for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- Through the online application portal, you may apply for this scholarship.
- Register for an account and complete the application then upload the necessary papers as well.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
October 1, 2023 / April 1, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.