You are interested in pursuing an education in UK. Good news! Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a program founded by the Cambridge Trust to support students who encounter hindrances in coming to study in Cambridge.
The Cambridge Commonwealth, European & International Trust was founded on 1 August 2013 from the merger of the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Cambridge Overseas Trust. These were set up as charities by the University of Cambridge in the 1980s in order to provide financial support for international students on degree courses at Cambridge.
The Trust awards offers about 500 scholarships annually, and supports between 1,100 and 1,400 students in residence each year from 85 countries across the globe. During its history of more than 30 years of offering scholarships at the University of Cambridge, the Trust has awarded a total of over 20,000 scholarships to scholars from around the world.
Presently, the Trust provides the largest number of scholarships for international students at Cambridge, working with partners all over the world to support students of exceptional academic merit under a change of scholarship schemes.
However, awards which include both full-cost and part-cost scholarships, are offered to selected applicants at PhD, Masters and undergraduate level, in all subjects and at all 31 Colleges of the University of Cambridge.
Cambridge Trust has 13 members of staff, led by a Director, and is governed by a board of Trustees. His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is the Trust’s Patron. The Cambridge Trust is an organization that offers scholarships to students from overseas and the Commonwealth (excluding the United Kingdom) who have been accepted for admission to the University of Cambridge in England.
On 1st of August 2013, the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Cambridge Overseas Trust was joined to form ‘The Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust’. The combined entity continues to provide financial support for international students on degree courses at the University of Cambridge.
Worth of Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship
- The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and postgraduate students, covering tuition fees and maintenance.
- The scholarship may also assist with students’ upfront expenses such as visa costs, travel, and the immigration health surcharge.
Eligibility for Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship
- To be qualified for Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship, you must hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree.
- You must also be from an area of instability or zone of conflict to be qualified for these scholarship.
- To be qualified for Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship, you must be, or have been, at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence or other abuse of their human rights.
- All students, regardless of nationalities, are qualified for consideration of the scholarships. Scholarships are also granted after the applicants have fulfilled the admissions requirements to the University of Cambridge.
How to Apply for Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship
- To apply for these scholarship, you do not need to have Refugee status.
- Postgraduate candidates should apply by the funding deadline for their chosen course of study, and be offered conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
tick the box to apply for funding, and fill in the Cambridge Trust section of the online form stating how they meet the eligibility requirement, as part of their application for admission through the University’s Applicant Portal.
- Undergraduate candidates should apply for admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way via a UCAS application and by the published deadline;
if offered conditional admission by a Cambridge College, complete an Application for Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies offered by the Cambridge Trust (sent by the College at time of conditional offer) including a Personal Statement of how they meet the eligibility requirement.
- For more information on how to apply, visit the official website.
Application Deadline for Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship
The application deadline for these scholarship is January 31, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here