The University of Roehampton London in the United Kingdom welcomes applications for the Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship award for degree programs in the 2021/22 academic year.
The Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship award is structured to assist those who might otherwise not be able to access tertiary education funding due to their immigration status.
About the School
The University of Roehampton, previously known as Roehampton Institute of Higher Education, is a state-owned university in the UK, located on three main sites in Roehampton, in the London Borough of Wandsworth. Roehampton was formerly an equal partner, along with the University of Surrey, in the now-dissolved Federal University of Surrey. In 2004, Roehampton became a university. In 2011, its name was changed to the University of Roehampton. The university is one of the post-1992 universities.
Roehampton is comprised of four colleges, around which intake is centred: Froebel College, Digby Stuart College, Whitelands College and Southlands College. Roehampton’s departments comprise the Department of Drama, Department of Dance, Department of English and Creative Writing, Theatre and Performance, Department of Humanities, Department of Media, Culture and Language, Department of Life Sciences, Department of Psychology, Department of Social Sciences and Adult Nursing. It has its Law School, Business School, and School of Education. Roehampton is an associate of the European University Association and Universities UK.
Worth of Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship
The scholarship award entitles beneficiaries to the following benefits for every year of undergraduate study:
- a full tuition fee waiver;
- 52 weeks of paid for on-campus accommodation per year (where required).
- a Maintenance Grant equal in worth to the maximum government Maintenance Loan for every school year.
Eligibility for Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship
The Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship will be awarded to one student who meets the following criteria:
- Currently living in the UK with a UK postcode;
- Meet or exceed their predicted A level grades or equivalent;
- Putting in to enrol in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Roehampton (plus four-year extended degrees);
- Are seeking asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a dependent or partner of someone seeking asylum who has the following status:
- Humanitarian protection status – a residual form of protection available to those not eligible for refugee status, who do not have a right to subsidiary protection but cannot be expelled from national territory due to objective and serious personal circumstances;
- Discretionary/limited leave to remain on human rights grounds including UASC (unaccompanied asylum-seeking children) – granted to people who are able to prove to the Home Office that their circumstances are convincing on sympathetic grounds or are such that they can be afforded leave outside UK Immigration Rules;
- Submitted an asylum claim in the UK – a person who has asked for asylum in the UK; and is waiting for a decision from the Government on that claim.
- Are not able to benefit from UK Government Student Finance (tuition fee loans or maintenance loans/grants) due to their immigration status.
How to Apply for Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship
To apply, please complete an application form
Beneficiaries have to move on to the next year of study to be qualified for the scholarship award the next year.
The Scholarship beneficiary will not be needed to reapply to the scholarship award for every year of undergraduate study.
This scholarship award can be merged with any other undergraduate scholarship award.
Information concerning the value of the government Maintenance Loans will be obtainable at the link.
If the successful candidate does not need on campus housing, then this part of the Scholarship award can be waived. No further financial assistance will be offered in place of this.
The Scholarship award will be disbursed in three termly instalments.
Deadline: Application is ongoing. Applicants will receive a decision on their application no later than 31 August 2021.
Not interested in Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Roehampton? See other UK scholarships here