You are interested in furthering your studies in Germany. Good news! SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students is currently ongoing application. In this article we will explain in details about this scholarship program, its worth, eligibility and step by step application process.
SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students 2022/2023 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate and masters studies. The scholarship supports educational projects all over the globe and contribute to the international advancement and proclamation of education and knowledge. The SBW Berlin Scholarships supports young people from abroad who have a financially disadvantaged family background and use the skills they acquire during their studies in Germany to enhance long-term non-profit projects, preferably in their home countries.
The school award our scholarships for Bachelor’s and Master’s program in Berlin and Potsdam on the criteria of the student’s academic qualifications, personal aptitudes and social needs. Generally, all scientific and artistic disciplines can be funded.
In special cases, we also help vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam but the funding of studies in your home country or in other German federal states is excluded.
Worth of SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students
- Candidates will get a room in our shared student flats in Berlin.
- The scholarship also covers the cost-of-living allowance and tuition fees.
- SBW Berlin Scholarships will possibly cover travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies
Eligibility for SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students
- The required language for the scholarship is English.
- All world countries are qualified for these scholarship.
- The age limitation to be qualified for Scholarships is 18-30 years old
- Each candidate should be before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after getting a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correlate with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Scholars who are able to prove a relatively low net income are qualified for these scholarship. The total household income of the candidates does not exceed the average income which has been officially stated for their home country. The income of all household members and all sources of income of the family (e.g. from employment, business activities, property, child benefit or pensions) will be recorded.
- Candidates who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector are qualified for the scholarship.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Scholarships
- You must have an admission, acceptance or proof of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam before you can apply for the scholarship.
- Fill in the application form and your personal and contact information and also add your photograph.
- Candidate should also provide information about his/her current and previous education.
- You should also provide the necessary information about the following:
Your parents and the members of your household
Your most recent school or university certificate
Provide your highest school leaving certificate and your highest obtained university degree
Your present occupation and desired career
Training, just in case of applications for vocational training
Your internships and professional experience
Skills, hobbies and interests
Your travel abroad experience and volunteering experience
- Each candidate should include the following documents:
A motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
A copy of your last school or university certificate that shows your grade point average and a grade overview
A copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with
your grade point average and a grade overview
If available, you can also attach the copies of the following documents as well:
Your University admission or proof of your qualification for university entrance
A copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your studies will be taught
All previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
However, if you have already started studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We recommend all candidates to submit the following additional documents, which are not compulsory:
One or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
An evidence of the net household income
Please note that non-certified copies and translations are enough for the application. If the candidate excellently passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be needed during the verification process.
- To apply for the scholarship, the application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents must be submitted in German or English via email to email@example.com.
Application Deadline for SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Scholarships
The application deadline for the ongoing scholarship is December 31.
Official Website: Click here.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here