Application is now open for EPSRC and Swansea University Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Swansea University and Scholarship
Swansea University, or Prifysgol Abertawe in Welsh, is a public research institution with its main campus in Swansea, Wales, in the United Kingdom. The University College of Swansea was founded in 1920 as the fourth college of the University of Wales. Cardiff University Due to internal organizational changes at the University of Wales, Swansea adopted its new name in 1996. On September 1, 2007, the former members of the University of Wales became universities in their own right, and the institution no longer accepted new members. At that time, Swansea University was formally recognized as a name. Swansea University’s top-ranking departments, placed 4th and 16th, respectively, in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework, are Medicine and Mathematics.
The law school enjoys a solid reputation, coming in at number 22 in the 2019 Times Good University Guide and between 150 and 200 in the QS World Rankings. Swansea University is ranked 48th overall in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework rankings.
Swansea is ranked 12th in the UK for “overall satisfaction” in the National Student Survey (for 2021), with 82% of respondents indicating they are pleased with their course overall. Swansea was placed first in the survey for the subjects of archaeology, general biology, English language, and others in business and management.
Check out Swansea University’s Full Computer Science Scholarship if you wish to develop the abilities necessary to succeed in pursuing a profession in computer science in the UK during the academic year 2023–2024.
The scholarship is for domestic students attending Swansea University to study computer science, as its name implies. Swansea University had rigorous teaching requirements when it was established in 1920. It is ranked first in Wales and 26th overall in The Guardian University Guide 2023. It is motivated by research and attempts to address both local and global issues.
Details about EPSRC and Swansea University Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science
Scholarship Sponsor: The Faculty of Science and Engineering at Swansea University and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of Awards: One
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): Swansea University
Eligibility Criteria for EPSRC and Swansea University Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science
- Eligible Nations: the UK
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: Ph.D. in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision).
- Acceptable Standards: The following requirements must be satisfied by all candidates for them to be considered for the EPSRC and Swansea University Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science:
- Candidates typically need a master’s degree in the relevant field with a minimum overall grade of “Merit” (or non-UK equivalent as determined by Swansea University) and an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.1 in computer science, mathematics, or a closely related field.
Application Procedure for EPSRC and Swansea University Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science
- To apply, please complete your application online with the necessary details.
- Please pick Computer Science / Ph.D. / Full-time / 3 Year / October from the list of available courses.
- If you have already applied for the aforementioned program, the application system may send you a warning message and prohibit your submission. In this case, please contact the school, and the staff would be pleased to help you submit your application.
- Documents in Support: The following files must be uploaded as part of your online application:
- Curriculum vitae and academic records
- A covering letter
- The two sources
- Proof that you have mastered the English language, if necessary.
- Copy of residence visa for the UK, if relevant
- EDI form submission confirmation (optional)
- Requirements for Admission: For both European and non-European candidates, applicants must fulfill the country-specific requirements.
- Language Requirement: If applicable, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component) or a Swansea-recognized equivalent is required.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: 28 June 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.