Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg in Germany 2021
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences is happy to provide Scholarships in International Activities to excellent foreign students who wish to school in Germany. The scholarship award will be granted for the academic session 2021-2022.
The Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg is financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with the objective to augment the fees of bachelor or master degree education of foreign students at HAW Hamburg. Up to five students will be granted tuition fees for one semester of study.
Ranked in 67th position in the country, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences is a higher academic and applied research institution that aspires to be a proficient partner on issues that have to do with digitalization for business, society, and political actors in the Hamburg region.
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences is seen as more than a technological institution and is one of the biggest universities of applied sciences in Germany. HAW Hamburg has lecturers coming from different relevant industries and nations that make teaching and learning diverse and knowledge-loaded.
Brief Description of Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg
- University or Organization: Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor or Master
- Award: €1,800
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Award Nation: Germany
Benefits of Scholarships in International Activities
The university will award the five chosen candidates a sum of €1,800 to cover the tuition fee of one semester of the bachelor or master degree education undertaken at HAW Hamburg.
Eligibility for Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg
- Eligible Nations: Candidates from all foreign nations can apply.
- Eligible Subjects: Bachelor or master degree education at HAW Hamburg.
You can submit an application for a scholarship for exceptionally devoted international students if you fulfil the following conditions:
- The candidate should have finished one or two semesters of bachelor or master program.
- You are a foreign student at HAW Hamburg (i.e. you acquired your higher academic entrance qualification overseas or you have successfully concluded preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg).
- Your average grade is at least 2.5.
- You are involved in volunteer work (proof needed) in a foreign context at HAW Hamburg – for instance, International Office services or events (weBuddy Program, Culture Cafe, Welcome Week, intercultural training sessions, country evenings, Certificate of International Competencies, language tandems); student initiatives with a foreign angle (e.g. AIESEC, ESN); in the Students’ Union (ASTA), as a student rep in your department, or in other student bodies with a foreign component.
- You are not getting other HAW Hamburg award during the scholarship period.
- If your personal income is more than €850 per month during the funding period, the scholarship sum will be decreased.
How to Apply for Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg
Interested applicants have to register on the university portal and submit their application. Candidates need to upload the documents listed below here to apply for the award.
Supporting Credentials: The candidates are required to submit the following documents to the school:
- Letter of application
- Certificate of enrolment
- Bank account details
- Proof of volunteer work
- Copy of residency permit
Once you have assembled all the required documents, please upload them to Mobility Online before the closing date. Be sure to give yourself enough time. The school will notify you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the closing date.
T +49.40.428 75-9183
In-person office hours:
2nd floor / room 232
Thursdays: 2:00–5:00 pm or by appointment
Berliner Tor Campus
Stiftstr. 69 / Gebäude (Building) G
Language Criteria: The candidates have to submit scores of the following English language adeptness tests during application for admission:
- TOEFL test
- Cambridge certificates
- Goethe-Institut – C1 certificate
- TestDaF – 16
- telc C1 Hochschule
- Summer semester: 30 March every year
- Winter semester: 30 September every year
Applications submitted after these deadlines cannot be given consideration.
Not interested in Scholarships in International Activities at HAW Hamburg? See other Germany scholarships here