SmartSat CRC Scholarships at University of Adelaide in Australia 2021
The University of Adelaide in Australia welcomes applications for SmartSat CRC Scholarships for PhD and Masters by Research programs in the 2021/22 academic year.
At Adelaide, leading-edge innovation occurs in the middle of a rich history of distinction spanning over 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognized leaders in their fields. Global research impact is attained hand-in-hand with exceptional graduate career results.
By every degree, the University of Adelaide—a part of Australia’s prominent Group of Eight research-focused universities—stands tall with the world’s foremost institutions of learning and novelty.
The SmartSat CRC is the biggest space industry-research partnership in Australia’s history. The SmartSat CRC is a group of universities and other research establishment, teamed up with industry that has been financed by the Australian Government to develop expertise and technologies in cutting-edge communications and IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and Earth observation state-of-the-art data services. The result of this research will be to come up with intellectual property and a specialist industry know-how that will bring about new businesses, produce export economic value and create new high-tech jobs for all Australians.
The SmartSat CRC scholarships with industry will assist full time PhD and MPhil candidates to undergo research in a wide range of fields. Check the information page for information and to find out more.
As an essential partner, The University of Adelaide will be participating in the development and monitoring of PhD projects in collaboration with the Smartsat CRC and its industry associates. Project prospects for candidates comprise working within conventional research projects or concentrating on separate projects that align with the SmartSat research program.
Successful applicants will be registered with one of the university associates and will work on practical research and development which align with research programs in the following wide areas:
- Advanced Communications and IoT connectivity
- Advanced Satellite Systems
- Sensors and AI
- Next Generation Earth Observation
- Remote Sensing Analytics and Data Services
- Space Cybersecurity Systems
- Space Governance
|Applications open||Open Now|
|Applications close||Applications open until filled|
|Payment per year||$28,597 per annum (tax-exempt) – indexed annually|
|Length||up to 2 years – Masters Program; up to 3 years PhD Program|
|Program||PhD or Masters by Research|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizens Australian Permanent Residents New Zealand Citizens Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders International Students|
|Type of Scholarship||Academic Supplementary Scholarships|
|Obtainable In||Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Sciences|
|Available To||Future Commencing Current|
Worth of SmartSat CRC Scholarships
- Substantial full scholarship awards or top-up scholarship allowances will be awarded to suitably qualified candidates.
Eligibility for SmartSat CRC Scholarships
- Candidates for the SmartSat CRC Scholarships have to be Australian nationals or permanent residents of Australia, foreign or onshore foreign candidates who are admissible as candidates for a PhD/Master by Research degree program at one of the university partners. Non-residents will be given consideration, based on project-specific criteria.
- Candidates will be required to have a First-Class Honours degree or equivalent in a related field.
- SmartSat places value on diversity and inclusion and is devoted to making sure scholarship openings are not restricted by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender.
- SmartSat actively welcomes applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander folks and applicants from culturally and linguistically assorted backgrounds.
How to Apply for SmartSat CRC Scholarships
Please hand in your Expression of Interest through email to HDR@smartsatcrc.com stating “EOI for SmartSat CRC scholarships” in the subject area. Do not forget to add the following credentials:
- citizenship or permanent resident status if applicable
- degree parchments
- academic transcripts
- translations of non-English documentation
- evidence of English language proficiency
- a curriculum vitae
Additional details, like instructions on how to apply, are obtainable from the SmartSat CRC website.
Please direct all enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Applications open until filled.
Click here for more details and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here