Social Impact Fellowship at Gerson Lehrman Group in the USA for 2022/2023
The Gerson Lehrman Group Social Impact Fellowship provides select nonprofits and social enterprises with a two-year pro bono partnership with GLG. The Gerson Lehrman Group welcomes applications from organizations working across all issue areas, including but not limited to education, environment, global health, and social justice.
This year, the Gerson Lehrman Group is focused on supporting organizations providing humanitarian relief and support to people experiencing relocation in Ukraine and beyond. Keep reading this post as we explain more about Social Impact Fellowship, its worth, eligibility, and the application process.
Gerson Lehrman Group is a financial and global information services company headquartered in New York City that provides financial information and advises investors and consultants with business clients seeking expert advice.
The company is the world’s largest expert network, with more than 900,000 freelance consultants. Gerson Lehrman Group experts include asset managers, investors, consultants, physicians, scientists, engineers, lawyers, senior current and former c-level executives, and former government members.
However, Gerson Lehrman Group’s clients include strategy consulting corporations, hedge funds, private equity firms, professional service firms, and non-profit organizations. The company was established in 1998 and has been backed by private equity firms Silver Lake Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and SFW Capital Partners.
The Gerson Lehrman Group is headquartered in New York City, with offices in 22 cities in 12 countries. The company was established by Yale Law School graduates Mark Gerson and Thomas Lehrman in 1998. Alexander Saint-Amand, a former Bloomberg reporter, joined the company shortly after and served as CEO until 2018.
At first, the Gerson Lehrman Group funded by friends and family was formed as a publishing house to produce industry guidebooks for institutional investors. But, the founders discovered that their clients wanted to talk directly to experts in casual conversations, rather than reading formal written reports.
Consequently, in 1999, the company abandoned its publishing business and started offering subscriptions to its network of experts. Gerson Lehrman Group’s first customers were investors, and most of their growth from 1999 to 2005 was within the investment community.
In 2006, the company started working with big strategy consultancies and with life sciences, chemicals and industrials, and technology companies. By 2010, The Wall Street Journal had described Gerson Lehrman Group as dominating the U.S. expert networking industry.
Moreover, the expert network business model has drawn study for concerns relating to adherence to disclosure rules and insider trading within the investment industry. The company policies include vetoing against consultants sharing any nonpublic information about their employer or any public company, violating any ethical or legal restrictions relevant to consultants, or violating any laws.
Gerson Lehrman Group named Paul Todd as its new CEO in 2018. Paul Todd was previously the head of eBay’s EMEA business. Furthermore, the company operates a Social Impact Fellowship that provides learning resources and expertise to certain nonprofits at no cost.
Worth of Social Impact Fellowship
- The Gerson Lehrman Group Social Impact Fellowship and its teams discuss the most pressing strategic, operational, and technical questions with world-class experts on every topic, which includes geographic expansion, user research, regulatory landscapes, and industry best practices.
- Note that the entire team and not just the individual named as the Fellow will have access to GLG’s insight network, at no cost.
- Partner with committed GLG employees who will support you and your team for two years. Applicant’s GLG team will help connect you to the right experts and make sure that you have the tools to pursue your biggest goals.
- The Social Impact Fellowship will help build meaningful connections with like-minded social innovators in the GLG Social Impact Fellowship community.
Eligibility for Social Impact Fellowship
- When assessing applications for the Social Impact Fellowship, the company considers its social impact, future goals, operational capacity, and need for the external expertise that it offers.
- The Gerson Lehrman Group will select registered nonprofits, social enterprises, and hybrid organizations that are driving impactful social change.
How to Apply for Social Impact Fellowship
For more details about the scholarship and to apply, click here. You can also apply here.
Application Deadline for Social Impact Fellowship
The application deadline for Social Impact Fellowship is May 19, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here