Do you wish to further an education in Australia? Good news! University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships is offered for Master’s degree in the field of Courses offered by the university. The scholarship was founded in 2011 to support a new or persisting student wishing to pursue Postgraduate studies, an Honors undergraduate qualification or a Higher Degree by Research (HDR).
The university is a public university based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. After opening the school with 524 students in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College, it was later titled the University of the Sunshine Coast in 1999.
The University of Sunshine Coast has a forerunner campus at Sippy Downs on the Sunshine Coast, with more campuses at Hervey Bay on the Fraser Coast, Gympie, and Caboolture. In 2020, the university opened a full-service campus at Petrie in Moreton Bay.
However, undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework and higher degree by research) programs are available with study areas divided into seven disciplines: psychology and social sciences; business, IT and tourism; creative industries, education; engineering and science; health, nursing and sport sciences; design and communication; humanities, and law and criminology.
In the 2020 Student Experience Survey, the University of Sunshine Coast was rated within the top five universities in Australia for teaching quality, and in the top six for the overall student experience. The university has constantly received high rating from independent agencies for areas such as teaching quality and overall student experience.
In the Good Universities Guide, the university received five stars for teaching quality, marking 15 consecutive years the university received top marks in the category. The University of Sunshine Coast’s Global Opportunities Program received an award from the Queensland government at the Celebrating International Education and Training Industry Showcase in August 2007 for enhancing internationalization.
University of Sunshine Coast was one of 99 organizations nationally in March 2008 and one of 10 in Queensland to earn an Employer of Choice for Women.
Worth of University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships
- The University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships is valued at $4000 partial funding for full-time study, to be paid in instalments over 2 semesters ‘pro-rata for part-time and sessional study’.
- All course fees and the Student Services and Amenities fee for the related semester(s) will be waived.
Eligibility for University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships
- The University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships is open for all International students.
- Each candidate must be a commencing student (existing students are not qualified) to be qualified for University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships.
- Candidates will be considered unqualified if currently in receipt of another major University of Sunshine Coast or external scholarship (this does not include bursaries).
- You must have completed an undergraduate qualification in any discipline to be qualified for the scholarship.
- To be eligible for the University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships, each candidate will be assessed based on: Displayed involvement within or for indigenous communities, financial need, a Proof of Indigenous and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (unless requirement has previously been met).
How to Apply for University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships
If you are interested in University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships and you are qualified for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships
The application deadline for University of Sunshine Coast Indigenous Scholarships is not specified but the application is always open.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here