Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship in the UK for 2022/2023
Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship is dedicated to providing equal opportunities in higher education for people seeking sanctuary in the UK and helping them to meet their full potential and dreams.
The Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship is granted to a postgraduate taught master’s program qualified students each academic year.
The scholarship covers the student’s full tuition fee bursary, the cost of postgraduate taught master’s course fees, and other related costs.
About the University
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920 as the fourth college of the University of Wales.
The university changed its name in 1996 to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales. However, the title of Swansea University was formally assumed on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a non-membership confederal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
Swansea University has 8 colleges spread across its two campuses which are located on the coastline of Swansea Bay. The Singleton Park Campus is set in the setting of Singleton Park to the west of Swansea city center.
Moreover, the £450 million Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is situated adjacent to Jersey Marine Beach to the east of Swansea city center which is in the Neath Port Talbot Area.
Swansea University is the third biggest university in Wales in terms of the number of students. The university currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 20,375 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The university is a research-led university with 61 centers of research. The Research Excellence Framework (2014) rated Swansea University 26th in the UK for research excellence.
Swansea University looked at the work of almost 400 staff across 18 subject areas. A third of research is now organized as world-leading, 90 percent as internationally excellent across all disciplines.
The university was rated 22nd in the UK for delivering research that has a genuine impact on global issues. In addition, for every £1 million of funding awarded in the research grant by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, Swansea University raised another £2.5 million from other bodies.
Swansea University has received the Athena SWAN Bronze award for advancing women’s careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine.
The university’s academics in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics and Aerodynamic Design are part of the Bloodhound Supersonic Car land-speed world record attempt which is due to take place in Hakskeenpan, South Africa in October 2016.
Furthermore, Swansea University was also a key partner in the successful Thrust SSC and-speed record attempt which currently holds the world land-speed record.
- The Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship covers a full tuition fee bursary, to cover the cost of postgraduate taught master’s course fees.
- Added funds will be available to help towards course-related costs such as travel to and from Swansea University subsistence costs, digital equipment, and books.
Requirements for Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship
To be qualified for Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, each candidate must meet all the following criteria to be considered qualified to apply for the scholarship. You are one of the following:
- You are a Person Seeking Asylum in the UK
- You have been granted discretionary leave to stay or Humanitarian Protection
- You are the partner/dependent included on the application of an asylum seeker in the UK
- Plus other qualified conditions not stated here (see official site)
How to Apply for Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship
To apply for Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, you need to hold a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Swansea University on a qualified master’s course.
Future Learn provides a free online course to help asylum seekers through the application process of applying to a UK university. Each applicant must apply before the application deadline of 4 pm Thursday 30 June 2022. Please read the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Guidance Notes before you complete your application.
To apply, complete and submit the following to SanctuaryScolarship@swansea.ac.uk:
- Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Form
- A personal statement
- A copy of your Swansea University offer letter
- A letter of reference from a person of good standing who is knowledgeable of your circumstances and can confirm your suitability to study a Postgraduate Taught Master’s degree (for example a teacher or former teacher, a member of a community group or organization that has been supporting you, etc).
- Proof of your present immigration status/pending status*
For further details, visit Swansea University’s website.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is June 30, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here