The University College London (UCL) welcomes applications for fully-funded UCL School of Management Scholarships for September 2022 entry, for four/five year MRes/PhD scholarship awards to all admitted candidates. The UCL School of Management is the business school of UCL and is situated in Canary Wharf and Bloomsbury, London.
PhD candidates pursue their education in one of the Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Operations & Technology, Organisations & Innovation, Marketing & Analytics, and Finance, Accounting & Economics cohorts. All five groups provide a distinct education and research experience to a small amount of highly inspired candidates, with the aim of getting them ready for scholarly careers at the highest level.
Worth of UCL School of Management Scholarships
- They provide fully-funded four/five year MRes/PhD scholarship awards in the UCL School of Management to all students granted admission.
- The UCL School of Management Scholarships is obtainable to all nationalities. It provides all tuition fees and comprises a yearly allowance of £21,700 which is tax-free.
Eligibility for UCL School of Management Scholarships
- They look to recruit exceptionally motivated, ambitious candidates with strong educational backgrounds. The ideal applicant will possess a first class Bachelor’s degree from the United Kingdom or a foreign qualification of an equivalent standard from a foremost university.
- They welcome candidates from a broad range of backgrounds (e.g, economics, engineering, mathematics/statistics, business, sociology, psychology, and anthropology, and others) to apply to their program. Also, be aware that a Master’s or graduate level degree qualification is not mandatory for admission, you can apply with only an undergraduate (e.g. bachelors) degree qualification.
- In your personal statement, you are required to put forward one or more faculty members as potential advisors. On the application form, you may see that it specifies that it is preferred that you get in touch with potential advisors in advance – you do not need to do so. In fact, candidates are dissuaded from randomly getting in touch with individual faculty members or potential advisors when applying to the programme. All applications are first assessed by a joint admissions committee, so getting in touch with potential advisors separately will not improve your chances.
- All MRes/PhD candidates are typically expected to write either a GMAT test or GRE test (UCL’s institution code is 3344, but also ensure you add an imaged copy of your test scores on your online application), although the university has no minimum score criteria.
- They also need you to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores if English language is not your first language. Their School needs a “Standard” English level which is equal to:
- IELTS: Aggregate grade of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
- TOEFL: Mark of 92, with 24/30 in the reading and writing subtests and 20/30 in the listening and speaking subtests.
How to Apply for UCL School of Management Scholarships
Put in for the UCL School of Management Scholarships through the UCL Postgraduate Admissions System online. When commencing the application, you have to select the MRes option. Furthermore to completing the online application form, please upload a copy of the following credentials:
- Official Transcripts of Grades / Course scores
- A 2-3 page personal statement or research plan* that evidently specifies: (i) which research group you have interest in (i.e., Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Organisations & Innovation, Operations & Technology, Marketing & Analytics, or Finance, Accounting & Economics), (ii) your research interests and initial research ideas, (iii) possible faculty member(s) you are interested in working with (this is a suggested list, you don’t have to get in touch with potential advisors beforehand), and (iv) your inspiration to do a PhD.
- Your GRE/GMAT score report**
- Your IELTS/TOEFL test score if English language is not your first language.
- * While submission of a complete research proposal is not mandatory, you can submit one if you have already finished writing it.
- ** You can hand in your application even if you don’t possess a GRE/GMAT score —simply specify when you intend to take the test.
Candidates are recommended to apply for the UCL School of Management Scholarships by February 15, 2022, though applications may still be accepted after this date.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here