Application is now open for the University of Lausanne UNIL Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Lausanne and Scholarship
The Université de Lausanne (UNIL) was founded in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1537 as a Protestant theological school. It later transformed into a university in 1890. The university is among the oldest in the world to have been in continuous operation and the second-oldest in Switzerland.
Only students who have graduated from a foreign university and who have achieved exceptionally good academic performance are eligible for Master’s Scholarships, which are excellence-based awards. About 10 scholarships are awarded by UNIL each year.
The scholarship is given for as long as the student’s selected program’s minimum statutory length. For the whole master’s term—either one and a half years or two years, depending on the chosen master—it comes to CHF 1,600 each month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months per year), excluding instances of categorical failure after the first year. Candidates are informed that the amount of the scholarship is insufficient to cover their living expenses in Switzerland. It is not a scholarship that is entirely supported.
To learn more about the reference budget for a student at UNIL, please consult the page provided by the school. The set registration costs for the courses will not apply to students who are awarded scholarships, except for the CHF 80.00 per semester required charge.
Details about UNIL Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students at the University of Lausanne:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Scholarship Value: CHF 1,600 per month
Number of awards: 10
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Lausanne, Switzerland
This scholarship includes CHF 1,600 per month for a master’s degree, a stipend, and coverage of semester fees.
Eligibility Criteria for UNIL Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for their Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students at the University of Lausanne:
Candidates must have exceptional academic performance, although there is no specific list of required grades by country. Additionally, candidates must have obtained their university degree from a foreign institution and it must be equivalent to a Swiss university bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS credits. Upon submission of a complete application file, the Admissions Office (SII) will assess if the candidate meets the formal eligibility criteria. If deemed eligible, the application file will be forwarded to the faculty for final admission decision into the chosen master’s program. It is important to note that students who have already started a Master’s program at UNIL or are in their preparatory year are not eligible to apply.
Note: For a comprehensive list of master’s degrees available for application at UNIL, kindly visit this address. It should be noted that there may be some master’s programs that are currently unavailable for application at UNIL.
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (3rd cycle programs, Further Education programs)
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master in Sciences and Practices of Education
- Master of Law. Exceptions: Open to applications for Masters Scholarships: Specialisms “International and Comparative Law”, “Legal Theory” and “International Tax Law and Policy”
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sport Didactics
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
Please note that obtaining a place of study for a Master’s program in psychology at a university in the country where you earned your Bachelor’s degree is a requirement for students with an international Bachelor’s degree in psychology who wish to pursue a Master’s degree in psychology at UNIL.
Interview Date, and Process for UNIL Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students
- November to December: The processing of applications by SASME and the Admissions Office (SII)
- December to January: The SASME notifies applicants whose application is incomplete or has not been accepted by the Admissions Office that their application for the scholarship has been unsuccessful.
- January to February: Applications that are complete are sent to the faculties for review of their suitability for the selected master’s degrees.
- February to March: The SASME informs applicants whose application has not been accepted by the faculty.
- March: The Selection Board for the Masters Scholarships selects the applicants who will be offered a Masters Scholarship.
- Early April: Applicants are informed of the Selection Board’s decision.
Application Procedure for UNIL Masters Scholarship for Excellence Awarded Students
Fill out the scholarship application form. Candidates are required to send their completed application by post to the provided address.
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
Note that the application form should be filled out on a computer and signed by the candidate before sending it to the provided address via postal mail.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: November 1, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Switzerland scholarships here.