The UK government’s global scholarship program for University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK was funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. We host on average around 30 Chevening beneficiary each year.
The University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK is targeted at developing global leaders and is also made up of two types of award: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. Each beneficiaries are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions all over the world.
However, applicants for the scholarship come from over 110 countries worldwide as there are over 42,000 Chevening alumni all over the world who together consist of an influential and highly regarded global network.
In addition to the main University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships, the University is proud to offer 3 additional scholarships in partnership with Chevening for the upcoming academic year to students from all Chevening-qualified countries.
Worth of University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK
- This scholarship is awarded to excellent scholars with leadership power. Awards are usually made for a one-year Master’s degree.
- The University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships covers full or partial cost of tuition fees, a living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK and extra grants to cover essential expenditure.
- A Westminster- Chevening Partnership Scholarship covers full tuition fees for your chosen course funded by the University of Westminster. This will enable you to receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award.
Eligibility for University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK
The University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships publishes more comprehensive details of who can apply for the scholarship on its website, but:
- Candidates must be able to show that they have achieved a minimum English language requirement.
- Applicants must also be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country at the time of applying for the award.
- Each applicants must hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years’ work experience and have plan to travel back to their home country after they might have completed their studies.
- The University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships are for talented people who have been identified as prospective future leaders across a wide range of fields.
- Scholars should also be of high calibre graduates with the intellectual, personal and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
How to apply for University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK
- Applications for the University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Candidates should refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- Each applicants should also make reference to the country pages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for candidates from your country, including priority subject areas.
- Applications for the University of Westminster- Chevening Scholarships in UK are made via the main Chevening application route detailed above.
- To be qualified for the scholarship, candidates just have to specify Westminster as one of their three university choices on their application.
Please check the deadlines carefully. The application cycle starts approximately one year before you would begin your university course, so you will need to plan your application early. You can find all the dates and the application process for September 2022 on the Chevening website.
Candidates can also find all the dates and the application process for 2021 on the Chevening website.
Furthermore, if you want to apply for a Chevening Scholarship with Westminster as one of your choices, and you need more information on your chosen course for your application, please contact us via [email protected]