Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme at University of Sydney in Australia 2020
The University of Sydney is inviting academically excellent students who are classified as overseas students, who wish to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate studies at the university, to apply for the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme. This scholarship scheme supports exceptional foreign students to pursue degree studies at the University of Sydney.
Scholarship recipients may be invited to promote the program in which they are enrolled as well as represent the University of Sydney at student orientation, marketing events, and corporate networking events.
University of Sydney
Level/Field(s) of study:
Bachelors and Masters by coursework degrees in any subject offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
High-achieving international students
Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme value/inclusions:
Four different scholarship amounts are obtainable based on ranking against selection conditions:
- $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments per semester
- $20,000 payable for one semester
- $10,000 payable for one semester
- $5,000 payable for one semester.
The availability of some amounts may be limited to specified cohorts. To continue to receive the scholarship award, the beneficiary has to keep a minimum semester average mark (SAM) of 65 and have no unsettled fees.
Eligibility for Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme at University of Sydney
- be an international student
- have submitted an application for but not yet started a CRICOS-registered bachelor’s degree or master’s by coursework program, which is offered face-to-face (not online) in Australia
- obtain an unconditional admission offer by the applicable close date.
Candidates starting a second degree at the University of Sydney are qualified provided they have not formerly held the Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship awards.
How to Apply for Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme at University of Sydney
No application for this award is required, as all qualified students will be automatically given consideration. The scholarship application deadline for Semester 1 is 17 January. The scholarship application deadline for Semester 2 is 12 June.
Please visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Semester 1 – 17 January (Annual)
- Semester 2 – 12 June (Annual)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here