York University is welcoming applications for VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships from suitably qualified candidates. The fellowship program will offer financial assistance to high-calibre candidates doing postdoctoral research that is allied with the VISTA program under the direction of a VISTA core member.
Vision: Science to Applications (VISTA) is a cooperative research program financed by the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF, 2016-2023) that builds on York’s first-class interdisciplinary study in biological and computer vision.
The applicant must have a very decent command of English language. Hence, the application has to be written in English.
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships Description:
- Application Deadline: October 8, 2021 (Fall)
- Course Level: Fellowship programs are obtainable for pursuing postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Science to Applications (VISTA).
- Fellowship: Minimum $55,000 per year + remunerations for up to 24 months; + Yearly research stipend $7,500 and + Yearly networking stipend $1,000
- Distinguished Fellowship: Minimum $70,000 per year + remunerations for up to 24 months; + Yearly research stipend $7,500 and + Yearly networking stipend $1,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The fellowship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Eligible Nations: Nationals of all nationalities are qualified to apply.
- Entrance Conditions: To be qualified to apply:
Your application has to be backed by a VISTA Core Member who would function as your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are qualified as co-supervisors alongside a VISTA Core Member;
You have to possess a doctorate in a field that falls within the VISTA authority;
A PhD or related degree has to be concluded by the commencement date;
Postdoctoral Fellows who possess an outside award (e.g. NSERC) at York, and who have not in the past held a VISTA Postdoctoral fellowship, are qualified to apply for a one year leeway from VISTA during the last year of their award;
Postdoctoral scholars who are employed at York University under the class of ‘Postdoctoral Visitor’ are only qualified to apply to VISTA in their first 6 months of employment (or until the initial available VISTA Postdoctoral Award application closing date, whichever comes first);
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship program or Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship candidates may NOT put in to work within the same research environment (i.e. institution or advisor) where they concluded their PhD.
You have to accept an offer with a start date:
- April candidates: Not before July 1 and not after December 1
- September candidates: Not before December 1 and not after July 1
You have to carry out research in the vision sciences that is allied with the VISTA program.
- English Language Criteria: The applicant must possess a very decent command of English language. Hence, the application has to be written in English.
How to Apply for VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Apply to the VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship program;
- Candidates for the VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship program may be given consideration for the Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship program with the inclusion of extra documentation as listed below;
- Identify and verify a VISTA Core Member as your advisor. VISTA Associate Members are qualified as co-advisors with a Core Member;
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships Application
- To start an application, please fill out:
- Application form
- Voluntary Self-Identification Survey
- One-page brief of proposed research
- Postdoctoral Supervision Form
- Postdoctoral Co-supervision Form (If applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Reference. The letters must come from Referees that do NOT include the proposed advisor. The proposed advisor may decide to submit a letter of reference in addition to the two mandated for the application.
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships Materials
- Candidates to the distinguished fellowship award must also add a letter of support from the proposed advisor. This is in addition to the materials stated above.
- Make use the application checklist to make sure your application package is complete
- Email the application to email@example.com
- Reference Letters must be sent directly from the Referee through email.
Not interested in VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships at York University? See other Canada scholarships here