Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA 2022
Sawiris Foundation for Social Development in collaboration with Newton Education Services welcomes applications for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship award for Masters in Development Practice at the University of Minnesota in the United States for the 2022/23 academic year.
Obtain a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten academic institutions in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) was created in 2001 with a donation from the Sawiris Family as one of the first national donor foundations in Egypt. Since its establishment, SFSD focused on addressing the most pressing issues facing the most sidelined Egyptians like poverty, provision of health services, unemployment, and little access to quality education.
Worth of Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Scholarship benefits include
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
Eligibility for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
- Egyptian nationals living in Egypt (preference will not be afforded to dual nationality bearers).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Display exceptional professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no particular academic track is needed, candidates with a strong liberal arts academic background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best ready for scholarly success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Past coursework in statistics, mathematics, and economics is suggested.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, test date should be within two years of graduate program commencement. Minimum required scores: 79 (TOEFL internet-based, at least 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, at least 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading).
- Devotion to working in the development sector in Egypt after graduation from YLSS Program for at least two (2) consecutive years.
- Candidates for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship are devoted to providing evidence of income.
How to Apply for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Interested applicants are required to submit two separate applications to the Newton Education Services and to the Humphrey School by their respective closing dates:
- Scholarship award application to be handed in to Newton Education Services by Thursday, October 14, 2021. For additional details, about how to apply for the award, please go to www.newton-prep.com/scholarships
- University application to be handed in to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs after being picked for the scholarship award, and with the guidance of Newton Education Services.
The necessary documents for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship award for Masters in Development Practice are:
- Filled out application form with the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from present employer detailing salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of joblessness.
To Apply, please visit Newton Education Services’ website and for inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Whatsapp on +2-010 6145 5551
An external selection panel, comprising of prominent professionals in the field of development is appointed.
|Activity||Period of implementation|
|Scholarship official announcement||May to mid-October of each year|
|Personal Interviews with the shortlisted candidates||Early November of each year|
|Announcing the selected scholars and filling the university admission application||Mid of November to mid of December of each year|
|University decision||March of each year|
|Beginning of academic year at Minnesota University||Late August/early September of each year|
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 11.59 pm Cairo time.
Visit here for more information and to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here