Application is now open for the Aston University GREAT Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Aston University and Scholarship
Aston University, a prominent public research institution in the heart of Birmingham, England, stands as a testament to the evolution and innovation in higher education. Its journey traces back to 1895 when it commenced as the Birmingham Municipal Technical School, later transforming into the UK’s inaugural College of Advanced Technology in 1956. The significant milestone of receiving a royal charter from Queen Elizabeth II on April 22, 1966, marked the establishment of Aston University in its present form.
Aston University has been a trailblazer in shaping the academic landscape, introducing the integrated placement year concept over 50 years ago. This visionary approach has left an indelible mark, with more than 73% of Aston students embracing a placement year, representing the highest percentage among UK universities. This commitment to practical experience not only enriches the academic journey but also prepares students for the dynamic challenges of the professional world.
The institution’s financial landscape underscores its commitment to excellence. In the fiscal year 2021–22, Aston University demonstrated a robust financial position with an annual income of £197.7 million. A notable portion, £19.3 million, was derived from research grants and contracts, attesting to the institution’s active involvement in advancing knowledge and contributing to cutting-edge research initiatives.
Aston’s dedication to quality work has won praise from esteemed organizations and journals. Aston University was named “University of the Year” by The Guardian in 2020 in recognition of its commitment to offering a life-changing educational experience. Furthermore, in 2020, Aston was recognized as “Outstanding Entrepreneurial University” by The Times Higher Education Awards, underscoring the university’s contribution to encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
Aston University’s partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign highlights its global reach. Aston University is giving a significant scholarship through this agreement, worth £10,000, to help with the cost of tuition for one-year taught postgraduate courses. This program demonstrates Aston’s dedication to international involvement and building a diverse, inclusive academic community.
Aston University is a beacon of transformational education, research prowess, and worldwide engagement, influencing the future for future generations of students as it continues to pursue its path of innovation and greatness.
- Thailand – January 2024 courses
- India – September 2024 courses
- Pakistan – September 2024 courses
- Vietnam – September 2024 courses
Launched by the British Council in collaboration with seventy-two UK universities, the GREAT Scholarships 2024 program helps postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam to take advantage of top-notch higher education opportunities in the UK.
Students studying for a one-year postgraduate degree in the UK are eligible to apply for scholarships that provide financial support of at least £10,000. Students can apply to 72 institutions in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland for courses in a variety of areas.
Details about Aston University GREAT Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Aston University, UK
Scholarship Value: Only tuition fees, GBP 10,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Aston University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Aston University GREAT Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Aston University GREAT Scholarships:
- Eligible candidates for this scholarship must be citizens of Vietnam, Thailand, Pakistan, or India.
- Candidates must have the offer to enroll in any PG program at the university beginning in September 2024 (except OSPAP and MBA programs).
- The candidate must be a payer from abroad.
- Candidates are permitted to apply simultaneously for all qualified scholarships; however, they will only be given one scholarship, the highest of the ones they get.
- Candidates should have strong academic backgrounds, corresponding to a 2:1 degree from the UK.
- The one-minute video that answers the question, “How does the program you have applied to at Aston University align with the initiative mentioned in the essay above as well as your future career goals,” must be sent in by applicants.
- A 500-word personal essay detailing “a social or work initiative that they took or were a part of, and how it impacted society and molded them into the person they are today” is required of applicants.
Application Process for Aston University GREAT Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified for the GREAT Scholarships? Follow the procedure here to fill out the online form.
The Application Deadline is: April 30, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.