Application is now open for the Bedford Society Scholarships at Royal Holloway, University of London. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Royal Holloway, University of London and Scholarship
Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL), an esteemed institution formally known as Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, stands as a beacon of academic excellence and research within the prestigious University of London consortium. With six schools, 21 academic departments, and a vibrant community of approximately 10,500 undergraduate and postgraduate students hailing from over 100 countries, RHUL is a diverse and globally recognized seat of learning.
Nestled west of Egham in Surrey, the campus is strategically located 19 miles (31 km) from central London, providing students with an enriching academic environment. Acknowledged by The Sutton Trust as one of the “30 most highly selective” British universities, RHUL boasts a reputation for academic rigor and a commitment to fostering a multicultural and inclusive educational experience.
The university’s history is marked by a pivotal merger in 1985 when Royal Holloway joined forces with Bedford College, another distinguished all-women’s college in London. The amalgamation resulted in the creation of Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (RHBNC), a name officially recognized by an Act of Parliament. In 2022, further solidifying its standing, the institution attained university status within the University of London.
The iconic Founder’s Building, a Grade I listed red-brick masterpiece inspired by the Château de Chambord in the Loire Valley, France, dominates the campus landscape, adding a touch of architectural splendor to the academic environment.
To nurture and support the academic aspirations of its student body, RHUL offers three scholarships available to both full and part-time students with home or international fee status. The Bedford Society Scholarships, generously funded by alumni and friends of Bedford College, one of the founding colleges of Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, epitomize a commitment to legacy and the continuity of educational excellence. Since its establishment in 2013, the Bedford Society has been dedicated to preserving the spirit of Bedford College, providing new scholars with financial support and valuable networking opportunities.
Details about Bedford Society Scholarships at Royal Holloway, University of London:
Scholarship Sponsor: Royal Holloway, University of London
Scholarship Value: Up to £8,100 reduction towards tuition fee
Number of awards: 3
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Royal Holloway, University of London
Eligibility Criteria for Bedford Society Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for Bedford Society Scholarships at Royal Holloway, University of London:
- Students must be categorized as either domestic or foreign fee-paying students.
- Students ought to have an offer from the institution for a course that qualifies.
- For every postgraduate course, whether full- or part-time, students must be registered.
- Offer to pursue a master’s program inside:
- Department of History
- Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Department of Classics
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Politics, International Relations and Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Geography
- Department of Law and Criminology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Health Studies
- Achieved, or on target to complete, a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
Read the university’s full terms and conditions.
Application Procedure for Bedford Society Scholarships
Apply through the applicant portal. The deadline is June 14, 2024, Friday, at 11:59 p.m. (UK time). Make sure to include all necessary information by adhering to the application requirements provided below. If your application is accepted, you will hear back on Monday, July 8, 2024.
A 400-word or less supporting statement explaining your eligibility for the scholarship is required; please be aware that comments longer than this will be immediately rejected. Included should be:
- Which academic accomplishments you are especially proud of and why they are important to you
- Why did you decide to pursue the degree for which you have applied
- What your long-term objectives are, and how the scholarship will enable you to fulfill them
- Exhibiting a genuine and enthusiastic attitude of inquiry, along with a clear explanation of how this scholarship will enable you to share and expand knowledge for the benefit of future generations.
Note: How well and persuasively you address the aforementioned will determine how well your assertion is evaluated.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
The Submission Deadline is: June 14, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.