Application is now open for the Brunel University London International Bursary. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Brunel University London and Scholarship
Brunel University London, one of several British universities established in the 1960s following the recommendations of the Robbins Report on higher education, is often characterized as a “plate glass university.” The institution’s roots can be traced back to Acton Technical College, which underwent a division in 1957. Following this division, Acton Technical College continued to serve technicians and craftsmen, while the newly established Brunel College of Technology, named in honor of the renowned British engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel, was dedicated to the education of chartered engineers.
The Brunel University London is currently inviting applications from exceptional students for the International Bursary. This studentship opportunity is available for the academic session 2023/2024. The fee reduction is specifically designed for fully self-funded international students who are applying for postgraduate taught courses at Brunel University London. As part of this bursary, Brunel University London will extend to selected candidates an annual stipend of £18,062 in addition to covering their full-time Home/EU tuition fees.
Details about Brunel University London International Bursary:
Scholarship Sponsor: Brunel University London, UK
Scholarship Value: £3,000 tuition fee reduction
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Brunel University London, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Brunel University London International Bursary
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Brunel University London International Bursary:
- Eligible Countries: The International Bursary at Brunel University London is available to students from India, Pakistan, China, Egypt, Turkey, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, UAE, Nigeria, Kuwait, Nepal, Bangladesh, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and Morocco.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a Ph.D. study program offered at the College of Engineering, Design, and Physical Sciences at Brunel University London.
- To be eligible, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Hold an offer of a place to study on a postgraduate taught course starting in January 2024.
- Possess a minimum 2:2 or above, or an equivalent internationally recognized undergraduate qualification.
- Pay the course deposit of £5,000, which must be received by Brunel by 17th December 2023. Please note that it may take up to 5 days for payments to clear.
- Be classified as an Overseas fee-paying student based on the UK government regulations and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants uncertain about their fee status should be aware that Brunel assesses fee status using the information provided in the application form following UK government regulations. For more information on these regulations, please visit the UKCISA’s website.
- Hold an offer to study on a full-time postgraduate taught program commencing in January 2024 during the 2023/24 academic year.
- Fulfill all conditions of their offer before the registration deadline at Brunel. Candidates must also pay their £5,000 tuition fee deposit within the specified deadline to secure their fee reduction.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have, or be expecting to receive, a minimum 2:1 or 1st-class degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Language Requirement: Students must submit proof of English language proficiency with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
Required Documents for Application
Each candidate is required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of degree certificates and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two academic referees
- Research Statement
- One page A4 personal statement
Application Procedure for Brunel University London International Bursary
Students must complete their admissions applications by logging onto the university’s application portal. There is no need to submit a separate application to be considered for the studentship; those who satisfy the requirements will be granted one immediately. To find out more about any of the various overseas scholarships, go to www.brunel.ac.uk/scholarships.
The Submission Deadline is: 17 December 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.