Application is now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program at the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Scholarship
In Chengdu, Sichuan, China, there is a provincial public medical research university called the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (CDUTCM; Chinese: ). The institution was one of the first four traditional Chinese medical schools to open its doors following the Chinese Civil War, having been founded in 1956.
The National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Ministry of Education, and the Sichuan Government are currently sponsors of the university. It is one of the 147 institutions included in the Double First Class University Plan on a national level.
For the academic year 2023–2024, outstanding applicants are encouraged to take part in an interesting Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program in China. Beginning in 2023, the study program is available to foreign students attending CDUTCM to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
Details about the Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program at Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine:
Scholarship Sponsor: Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor, Master
Host Institution(s): Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China
The following advantages are offered by the scholarship program:
- Tuition costs
- The cost of lodging
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Funding requirements (subject to the China Scholarship Council’s rules):
- Subsidies for free accommodations at colleges
- CNY 3,000 per month for master’s students
- CNY 3,500 per month for doctoral students
- Comprehensive health coverage costs CNY 800 per person per year.
Eligibility Criteria for Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program
- Eligible Nations: Being a citizen of a nation other than the People’s Republic of China
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: The Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program will be given in any field provided by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The candidates must satisfy all the requirements to be eligible:
- Be a citizen of a nation other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in sound mind and body.
- When applying for a Master’s program, you must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and be younger than 35.
- When applying to a Ph.D. program, you must be under 40 years old, and have a Master’s degree, or its equivalent.
- A pre-graduation certificate from their institution that attests to their successful completion of their studies and receipt of their graduation certificate before August of the same academic year as their entrance.
- It should be noted that recipients of the Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible for any other scholarships offered by CDUTCM or the Chinese government at any level. For three years, applicants who hide their financial sources are barred from applying for Chinese Government Scholarships.
Application Procedure for Chinese Government Scholarship Silkroad Program
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the International Student Electronic Service System of CDUTCM at https://cdutcm.17gz.org/ (please choose Chinese Government Scholarship for study program).
- Documents in Support: When applying, you must upload the following materials:
- A scanned image of the passport data page. The information page of the applicant’s passport, which must not expire on or before December 1, 2023, must be scanned and submitted. If the condition is not satisfied, renew the passport;
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the applicant must fill out the original, printed version by Chinese quarantine officials in English, and save it for their records). All the items on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form are covered by the medical exams. Records that are incomplete or lack the attending physician’s signature, the hospital’s official stamp, or a sealed picture of the applicant are invalid. Results of medical exams are only good for six months;
- A valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record (or Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the local public security, such as the police station, must be submitted by the applicant. The certificate must have been issued within six months of the application submission date. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate level); the certificate of planned graduation or student status given by the applicant’s university; and the application.
- The undergraduate, master’s (if applicable), and doctorate study stages, as well as their grades up until the last semester, should be included in the scanned transcript copies. The Graduate School, the appropriate University student management division, or the Academic Affairs Office should issue and seal the transcript. Translations in Chinese or English that have been notarized must be added to transcripts written in languages other than Chinese or English;
- Letters of recommendation. In addition to the English Language Proficiency Test certificate, applicants must submit two recommendation letters in Chinese or English, written by professors or associate professors, outlining the applicant’s learning objectives, cooperation with other Chinese universities or between Chinese and foreign tutors, as well as an assessment of their overall ability and potential for future growth.
- A comprehensive study or research plan in Chinese or English that is no less than 1000 words/characters in length and includes information on the student’s learning motivation, knowledge of the university and China, academic background, professional and scientific research ability, planning skills for learning and research, potential for future development, etc. Doctoral students must also have the selective supervisor sign the plan;
- List of publications in the field’s scientific journals, along with exemplary works or abstracts (if applicable; please send).
- Language Prerequisite: English language proficiency is a must for applicants.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: 22 June 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here.