Outstanding and exceptional candidates are encouraged to apply for the Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s candidates at the University of Manchester. Academically outstanding students who can significantly contribute to sustainable development in their native countries are eligible for equity and merit scholarships.
The recipients of the prizes are individuals who would not be able to pay for their studies in Manchester without a scholarship. The institution adhere to the principle of equal opportunity, and each application is evaluated on its own merits. They especially urge women to apply.
About the University of Manchester
In Manchester, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Manchester. The main campus is located on Oxford Road, just south of Manchester City Centre. Major cultural institutions including the Manchester Museum, The Whitworth Art Gallery, The John Rylands Library, The Tabley House Collection, and The Jodrell Bank Observatory—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—are owned and run by the university.
As a result of the civic university movement in the late 19th century, the University of Manchester is known as a red-brick institution. The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) and the Victoria University of Manchester were combined to become the present University of Manchester in 2004. Following a century of close collaboration between the two institutions, this happened.
The Mechanics’ Institute, which was established in 1824, served as the inspiration for the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. The Royal School of Medicine and Surgery, one of the precursor institutions of the Victoria University of Manchester, was founded on this day, and the current University of Manchester recognizes this date as its official founding year, as seen in its crest and emblem.
Benefits of Equity and Merit Scholarships
The Sustainable Development Goals of the UN chart the course for a more favorable and sustainable future for everybody. Our Equity and Merit Scholarships seek to equip young professionals in the Global South with the tools they need to contribute to the achievement of these connected objectives.
We provide two categories of scholarships:
- One-year, full-time master’s program on campus.
- (three to five years) Part-time, online master’s degree.
39 scholarships are offered for a variety of programs in engineering, the environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles, and law (29 for full-time study and ten for online study). Applicants from Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe are eligible for the program. The awards include return international flights, living costs, and visas for students who will be studying in Manchester. The scholarships pay the whole cost of tuition.
Eligibility for Equity and Merit Scholarships
Applicants must fulfill the requirements listed below to be considered for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students:
- Applicants who reside in one of the following countries: Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, or Zimbabwe, and who have never before studied outside of Africa (short-term training does not count);
- Applications must be submitted by candidates with at least two years of relevant professional experience (excluding unpaid internships or volunteer work);
- A bachelor’s degree is required for applicants, and you must have earned it before September 2021 with a good overall grade. Academically exceptional students are eligible for the prizes, which normally implies that you rank in the top 10% of your class;
- Applicants must be dedicated to going home and be able to show they can positively influence the future of their nation;
- Candidates must be able to articulate how attending Manchester University would advance their careers and the greater good.
Applications for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students must be submitted online beginning on August 1, 2023, for enrollment in September 2024. As soon as the school have finished shortlisting candidates for admittance in 2023, they will contact every application. Stay updated via the school website.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.