Application is now open for the Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Internship Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO)
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized body that oversees global initiatives to end hunger. Their objective is to ensure that everyone has access to enough wholesome food regularly to live active, healthy lifestyles. FAO operates in more than 130 nations throughout the world and has over 194 member states. They think that everyone can contribute to putting an end to hunger.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity designed to draw exceptional young people who are eager to offer their fresh viewpoints, ground-breaking concepts, and most recent research experiences in FAO’s fields. The program gives a select group of undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, or recent graduates the chance to complement their academic training with real-world job experience in a subject connected to the work of the FAO. They will be able to comprehend the goals and programs of the FAO better as a result. In addition, the Programme offers the FAO the support of skilled experts with expertise in topics related to the FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Details about the Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Internship Program
Scholarship Sponsor: Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO), Italy
Scholarship Value: Monthly Stipend
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO), Italy
Eligibility Criteria for the Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Internship Program
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Internship Program:
- At the time of application, be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a legitimate (i.e., one that is listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution, or be a recent graduate.
- Candidates must have a specialty that is related to the FAO’s activity and purpose.
- At least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish) must be spoken and written fluently. It will be advantageous to know a second FAO language. As evidence of the level of language competence provided in the online applications, only language proficiency certificates from UN-recognized external providers and/or FAO language official tests (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted.
- Possess FAO member nation citizenship.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to communicate well and be flexible in a multicultural, multinational setting.
- Candidates who have immediate family members (defined as a brother, sister, mother, or father) working with FAO under a contract of any kind are ineligible for the internship program.
- Before beginning their internship assignments, candidates should have the proper residency or immigration status at the intended duty station.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Cogent Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Advancement
Technical/Functional Skills: Academic background that is pertinent to one of the Organization’s domains.
- Please apply and submit your application using the FAO employment site once your profile is complete. The only applications that will be evaluated are those submitted through the FAO employment site.
- The data on your online profile will be used to evaluate your application.
- Please be aware that the FAO will only take qualifications or degrees from schools on the IAU/UNESCO list into consideration.
Application Process for Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Internship Program
Interested and qualified candidates should log in and register for the Internship here.
- To apply, go to the Jobs at FAO recruiting page and fill up your online profile. The organization highly advise that your profile be accurate and comprehensive, and contain information about your educational background, career history, and language proficiency.
- You are required to submit supporting documentation with your online profile, such as a letter of motivation, proof that you attended an accredited university or a copy of your academic transcripts.
- Incomplete applications won’t be accepted.
- Candidates who desire to continue to be considered for an assignment if they are not chosen before the closing date are asked to reapply to the new Calls.
- The organization advises candidates to submit their applications well in advance of the due date.
The Submission Deadline is: December 1, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Italy scholarships here.