Application is now open for the Graduate Research Project International Scholarships at La Trobe University. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About La Trobe University and Scholarship
Public research university La Trobe University is located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The area of Bundoora is home to the school’s main campus. The institution was founded in 1964, making it the third university in Victoria and the twelfth in all of Australia. La Trobe is a member of the Association of Innovative Research Institutions and one of the top institutions in Australia.
By participating in the Graduate Research Project International Scholarships at La Trobe University in Australia, you can open up chances for achieving your professional objectives. This funding opportunity’s goal is to assist eligible individuals who wish to pursue a Ph.D. at the institution in the academic year 2023. They invite Ukrainian nationals with Australian visas who have been displaced by the violence to apply for a project scholarship.
Details about Graduate Research Project International Scholarships at La Trobe University:
Scholarship Sponsor: La Trobe University, Australia
Scholarship Value: $33500 Per Annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): La Trobe University, Australia
The chosen candidates in Australia will receive a $33500 scholarship from La Trobe University for the academic year 2023–2024.
- A stipend worth $33,500 per year (at the rate of 2023) for up to three and a half (3.5) years for doctorate candidacy.
- A scholarship covering the cost of tuition for up to four (4) years for doctorate candidates. Domestic candidates who are chosen will get an RTP Fee If an offset grant is not available, successful overseas candidates will receive a La Trobe Full Fee Research grant (LTUFFRS).
- Relocation compensation and a grant for writing a thesis
- Possibilities to collaborate with top La Trobe scholars and have access to their portfolio of professional development programs.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Research Project International Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the Graduate Research Project International Scholarships at La Trobe University:
- Students from Australia and New Zealand as well as international candidates are eligible countries.
- Meet the prerequisites for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy program
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements below to be eligible:
- Will conduct their study at a La Trobe University campus while enrolled full-time.
- Possess a La Trobe Masters by study level of 75 or above and have completed a Master by Research or other major body of study, such as an honors research thesis or the primary authorship of a peer-reviewed publication.
- Are eligible for Research Training Program Scholarships if they are Australian or New Zealand nationals or Australian permanent residents.
- Candidates must fulfill the university’s entrance criteria to be admitted.
- Students must meet minimal language requirements to enroll in undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral research programs at La Trobe. These minimal scores may not be required for all La Trobe courses, which need a higher level of English language competency.
- Original or certified copies of a student’s transcripts and graduation certificates from the university
- Your professional CV (resume), which includes information about relevant employment history, academic honors, previous research experience, etc.
- Information about publications
- A copy of your master’s thesis, if it wasn’t written in English, with at least two chapters translated;
- A brief proposal for a study, no longer than 300 words
- any further paperwork required for projects or scholarships that were listed in the scholarship advertising.
- Birth certificate or citizenship certificate (certified copy or original, exclusively for domestic candidates).
- You must include a copy of your current passport or Australian visa along with your application.
Application Procedure for Graduate Research Project International Scholarships
Visit the school’s project-based scholarships page to learn more about the available projects and how to apply. You must submit a complete application for both the scholarship and your candidacy. Each candidate must include the unique project scholarship code in their application; the code may be found next to the project title.
To be considered for the “Graduate Research – End-of-year Scholarship Round” scholarship, domestic applicants must declare it in their applications. International candidates should choose “Other” and provide the project name in their submission. Graduate Research School can be reached at Admissions.GRS@latrobe.edu.au for further information.
Open and closure dates are 30 September for candidates from outside and 31 October for applicants from inside the country. Successful candidates may start at any La Trobe University campus at any time between 1 February and 1 July 2024.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.