Application is now open for the University of South Australia (UniSA) Hazel Family Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of South Australia (UniSA) and Scholarship
The University of South Australia (UniSA), a distinguished public research institution situated in the vibrant Australian state of South Australia, stands at the forefront of higher education as a founding member of the esteemed Australian Technology Network of universities.
At the heart of UniSA’s commitment to accessibility and academic support is the Hazel Family Scholarship. This exceptional scholarship program, administered by UniSA, is specifically crafted to empower commencing students hailing from the western suburbs of Adelaide or Lucindale (SA) as they embark on their undergraduate journeys. By addressing financial barriers, the Hazel Family Scholarship aims to open doors to higher education for individuals who are navigating this transformative experience for the first time.
The scholarship offers a substantial financial boost of up to $18,600, spanning three years for full-time students. For those enrolled on a part-time basis, the scholarship provides pro-rata payments, ensuring equitable support. Recipients of this prestigious scholarship can anticipate receiving $6,200 per year, disbursed in two installments strategically timed after the census dates for Study Period 2 and Study Period 5, respectively.
Beyond its financial impact, the Hazel Family Scholarship embodies UniSA’s commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment. By recognizing and alleviating the financial strains that may accompany pursuing higher education, UniSA underscores its belief in the transformative power of education to shape lives and communities positively.
Details about University of South Australia (UniSA) Hazel Family Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of South Australia
Scholarship Value: Up to $18,600
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): University of South Australia
Eligibility Criteria for University of South Australia (UniSA) Hazel Family Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the University of South Australia (UniSA) Hazel Family Scholarships:
- Only citizens of Australia are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: Any undergraduate program that UniSA offers
- Acceptable Standards:
- Must possess a permanent humanitarian visa, be an Australian citizen, or be an Australian permanent resident.
- ATAR of 80 or above is required (inclusive of any adjustment considerations)
- Have to be starting their postsecondary education for the first time.
- Must have completed their final year of secondary education at one of the approved South Australian High Schools.
- may take a gap year as long as it doesn’t last longer than a calendar year.
- needs to be enrolled full- or part-time.
- must provide a written statement outlining goals, aspirations, obstacles in school or financially, and how the funds will be used.
- Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Permanent Humanitarian Visa of Australia
- Academic merit (ATAR of 80 or higher, taking into account all necessary adjustments)
- Commencing student who is enrolled in college for the first time
- Senior year of secondary education at any of the South Australian high schools listed below:
- Findon High School
- Le Fevre High School
- Seaton High School
- Underdale High School
- Woodville High School
- Lucindale Area School
- Students taking a gap year are acceptable as long as it doesn’t last more than a calendar year.
- Study load: full-time or part-time
- Delivering a declaration in writing
Candidates must submit a written statement (no more than 500 words) outlining:
- reasons for enrolling in their UniSA program and how their degree will help them achieve their goals, especially in their careers
- academic accomplishments, such as ATAR and subjects studied in year 12
- disadvantages in terms of money and/or education they would like taken into account
- intended use of funds: how the scholarship will enable them to dedicate more time to pursuing their academic objectives and personal development
- certification that, during their final year of secondary education, they attended one of the approved South Australian high schools
Note: No award will be given if the selection panel determines that none of the applicants are suitably deserving. The applicant who best exemplifies a love for their UniSA program and articulates future aspirations relevant to their field of study—as stated in the written statement—will receive the scholarship. Recipients may also be eligible for additional UniSA-administered scholarships and grants.
Application Procedure for University of South Australia (UniSA) Hazel Family Scholarships
Online application is open via my Scholarships. Candidates may be required to attend a selection panel interview.
For more information‚ contact:
Tel: 1300 301 703
The Submission Deadline is: 13 March 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.