Application is now open for the International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Lakehead University and Scholarship
Why attend Lakehead University to study? Your decision to apply to Lakehead University was a wise one. LU is a comprehensive university that offers a wide range of courses to its students, including courses in the arts, sciences, business, education, engineering, kinesiology, nursing, and many more.
Located in Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario, Lakehead University is a public research institution. Non-denominational Lakehead University, sometimes known as “Lakehead U,” is funded by the province. It houses the western campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine as well as undergraduate and graduate programs, the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, the first globally certified (AACSB) business school in northern Ontario, and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
Over 45,000 people have graduated from Lakehead. There are roughly 7,900 students enrolled in Thunder Bay’s main campus. A brand-new permanent extension campus opened in Orillia in September 2006 and now serves roughly 1,400 students. Orillia is located about 150 km (93 mi) north of Toronto.
After receiving royal assent on June 22, 1965, the Lakehead University Act went into effect on July 1 of the same year. This new charter allowed for the continuation of the Lakehead College of Arts, Science, and Technology, afterward known as “Lakehead University.” On May 5, 1965, the initial diplomas were awarded. Sen. Norman McLeod Paterson served as the first university chancellor.
The best international students who apply to Lakehead-Georgian for the 4-year undergraduate degree program in autumn 2023 may be eligible for one of the International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships programs.
Details about International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships at Lakehead University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Lakehead University, Canada
Scholarship Value: Vary
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Lakehead University, Canada
All of the following will be provided by Lakehead University:
- $10,000 over four years ($40,000 total): Average Admissions (Canadian Equivalent) 90% and above $7,500 over four years ($30,000 total): Average Admissions (Canadian Equivalent) 80.0% – 89.9%
- $6,000 One-time only, non-renewable scholarship is given in the first year. Admissions Average: 75.0% – 79.9%
- The scholarship duration may not exceed four academic years or the time until the first degree is conferred, whichever comes first. Admissions Average: 70.0% – 74.9%
Note: International Lakehead-Georgian students can apply for the $4,000 International Visionary Award beginning in the autumn of 2023, in addition to the admission grants (based on academic performance).
Eligibility Criteria for International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships at Lakehead University:
- All nations are eligible.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: International Lakehead University-Georgian Scholarships will be given for undergraduate studies in any academic area.
- Acceptable Criteria: Recipients must be enrolled in Years 1 through 3 of a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree program to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- Candidates must be non-Canadian nationals who are either joining Lakehead-Georgian from high school or transferring from an international college or university.
- To be considered for Lakehead-Georgian’s 2023–2024 program, applicants must be international students.
- Admission Requirements: Before beginning the application process, consult Admission Requirements & Application Details for more detailed information. Depending on the student’s academic background and the programs they are interested in enrolling in, different programs will have different entrance standards and application procedures.
- Language Requirement: Applicants who do not speak English as their first language must show they are capable of navigating an English language university requirement.
Required Documents for Application:
Documents including essays, resumes, transcripts, and budget forms must be submitted by applicants. Transcripts and other necessary documents can be sent via the document upload by applicants.
Application Procedure for International Lakehead-Georgian Scholarships
There is no need to submit a scholarship application. This application form may be used to submit a direct application to Lakehead University from international students interested in full- or part-time study.
The Submission Deadline is: September 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here.