Stanford University is now accepting applications for its fully-funded Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program.
About Stanford University and Scholarship
In Stanford, California, there is a private research institution known as Stanford University or Leland Stanford Junior University. The campus, one of the largest in the nation at 8,180 acres (3,310 hectares), is home to more than 17,000 students. Stanford University is considered one of the most prestigious institutions in the world. Stanford was founded in 1885 by Leland and Jane Stanford in memory of their only child, Leland Stanford Jr., who had died of typhoid fever at the age of 15 the previous year.
Students from all around the world who want to attend Stanford University to get a graduate degree are eligible for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program. Graduate students at Stanford University have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to participate in multicultural and varied activities through the Hennessy scholarship.
The fully-funded scholarship in the USA is a platform that provides a range of educational experiences that enable graduates to face the complex challenges of the modern world. It is available to both international and domestic graduates. Additionally, Stanford University cordially invites American citizens without legal status to pursue their higher education on campus.
Graduates with imaginative minds who are keen to understand the intercultural aspects of the world might take advantage of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. Furthermore, candidates for this top scholarship in the USA include those who have demonstrated leadership abilities in their previous work and who serve as examples for others in bringing about constructive change. Every graduate is eligible for a Stanford University Scholarship, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, age, or gender. The objective of this Stanford scholarship is to encourage a cooperative and altruistic culture. Furthermore, Stanford offers scholarships to graduates from many fields of study, not just JD, MA, MBAMD, MFA, MS, DMA, and Ph.D. degrees.
The Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program will give the selected students the chance to take full advantage of the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP). They will get a thorough understanding of technical and leadership abilities as they continue their education. Knight-Hennessy Scholars can interact with one another while exchanging ideas and experiences at Stanford University’s Dening House, which also acts as a center. The opportunity for the scholars to host informal get-togethers, conferences, events, regular dinners, etc. in this home forms the cornerstone of their intercultural communication.
Details about Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program at Stanford University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Stanford University
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Every graduate program, including combined and dual degrees, as well as programs leading to the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, DMA, and Ph.D. degrees, is eligible for the scholarship program.
Host Institution(s): Stanford University
- From the time of entrance and selection, the scholars will receive a financial award that will last up to three years.
- A monthly allowance to pay tuition and other costs
- You’ll receive a living allowance.
- Room and board, books, supplies for the classroom, course materials, local transportation costs, and modest personal expenditures will all be covered by the living and education stipend that will be provided.
- Each year, a round-trip ticket in economy class will be provided to and from Stanford.
- A one-time moving assistance payment
- An additional grant will be given to deepen educational understanding through conferences and travel.
- A unique summer grant will be provided for the course if the scholars decide to do summer research projects as supplementary learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program
- Graduates from any country, racial group, gender, or age may apply for the scholarship.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be accepted and enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program at Stanford.
- The applicant must have only recently begun a graduate program.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must have been earned no earlier than January 2017.
- Candidates who are US military personnel (active duty or veterans) must have earned their degree no earlier than January 2015.
- The candidate must meet these three requirements: 1) Intellectual freedom 2) Intentional leadership Third: Civic Mindset.
- All graduate programs at Stanford accept the TOEFL. IELTS and PTE are, however, also accepted by the MBA program.
Required Documents for the Scholarship
- Tow Short-Answer Responses
- Video Story
- In-Person Assessment
- Online Application
- Standardized Test Score
- One Page Resume
- Two Recommendation Letters
Application Process for the Knight Hennesy Scholarship Program
- The applicants must submit separate applications for the scholarship and the graduate program at Stanford University.
- The candidate must specify the Stanford degree program to which they are applying on the scholarship application form.
- Online submissions are accepted for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship application.
- The online application must be completed in English and include all required materials.
- While applying, it is advised that the user use an advanced version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is October 11, 2023, however, the Stanford application deadline varies depending on the program. It is advised that you check your selected program’s website to confirm the KHS application deadline. You should be aware that KHS candidates must submit their graduate program application by December 1, 2023, or sooner if the school’s usual deadline is earlier.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.