Application is now open for the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine LSHTM GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Scholarship
Specializing in public health and tropical medicine, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a member institution of the University of London and a public research university located in Bloomsbury, central London.
Three scholarships are available to help build the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa, as well as to assist the education and training of the upcoming generation of global health leaders.
Applicants wishing to enroll in the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine’s (LSHTM) one-year, full-time, face-to-face MSc program in London are eligible to apply for these extremely competitive scholarships.
Details about LSHTM GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders:
Scholarship Sponsor: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Scholarship Value: GBP 19,500.00
Number of awards: 3
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Courses: Global Health
There will be three scholarships awarded for the academic year 2024–2025. The following expenses will be covered by each scholarship:
- Tuition, which includes any required field trip fees; and
- A tax-free living stipend of GBP 19,500.00.
Eligibility Criteria for LSHTM GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for LSHTM GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders:
- be citizens of and permanent residents of sub-Saharan African nations; and
- intend to finish their MSc year at LSHTM and then return to sub-Saharan Africa; and
- certify through the submission of the Scholarships Application Form that they would not be able to pay for the suggested course of study otherwise; and
- fulfill the minimal English language proficiency standards set by LSHTM; possess a first degree with a first or upper-second-class equivalency level; and
- Got an admissions offer for one of LSHTM’s rigorous MSc programs in London for the academic year 2024–2025
Applicants who clearly show in their application materials that they can significantly advance public health and/or health-related research in Africa will be given preference.
- All of LSHTM’s non-distance learning intense Masters programs are eligible to apply for these scholarships, except the joint programs in MSc Global Mental Health, MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing, MSc One Health, and MSc Veterinary Epidemiology.
- It is recommended that applicants finish Step 1 as soon as possible to give the LSHTM admissions application fee processing time of GBP 50.00. Applicants will not be able to apply to study until the payment has been processed.
- To guarantee that there are no delays in admissions or payment processing that could affect reaching the scholarship deadline, the school advises applicants for this funding to finish and submit their study application at least two to three days before the deadline.
- Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be funded. Applications that are missing papers from Step 1 or Step 2 above are considered incomplete.
- According to the scholarship advertisement, both the study application and the scholarship application must be submitted by the deadline. By the scholarship deadline, applicants must make sure that all required supporting documentation has been uploaded through LSHTM’s Admissions Portal.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission, applicants who are accepted for study will be required to make a deposit payment within 28 days. The LSHTM scholarship application process requires applicants to email the admissions team to indicate that they are awaiting the outcome of their scholarship application. In this email, applicants must include the name of the scholarship as well as the anticipated decision date. This needs to be done for each application that the candidate has submitted. The deposit deadline will thereafter be extended by the admissions staff to coincide with the scholarship funding decision deadline.
- The entire name of the applicant, the scholarship for which the application is being made, and the technical difficulty that was experienced should all be provided to LSHTM’s IT Services team by applicants who experience any technical difficulties when utilizing the Admissions application portal. If at all feasible, please submit a screen grab to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email the LSHTM Scholarships team at email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding the application procedure, requirements, or deadline.
- Applicants accept the Terms and conditions of this financing by applying.
- Please be aware that beyond the deadline, only applications will be examined and processed. Regardless of the submission date, all submissions received before the deadline will be given equal consideration.
- By May 24, 2024, decisions will be made and the selected candidates notified.
Application Process for LSHTM GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
There are two steps in the application procedure. To be eligible for funding, candidates must fulfill the eligibility requirements and finish the two steps listed below by Monday, March 4, 2024, at 23:59 (GMT).
- Apply for a London-based MSc program of study in 2024–2025 by following the guidelines found under the program of study’s “How to Apply” link.
- You should indicate the scholarships you are applying for in the “FUNDING DETAILS” section of the application form when you submit your study application. You will not be considered for this award if you do not check the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders on your application.
- To complete Step 1 of your application process, download and attach a Scholarships Application Form. Attached to this submission must be a completed Scholarships Application Form. As references, transcripts, a CV, and other materials should already have been sent in with the application for study, this is the sole attachment needed for scholarships.
The Submission Deadline is: March 4, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.