Application is now open for Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Edinburgh and Scholarship
The University of Edinburgh, known as the University o Edinburgh in Scots and Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann in Scottish Gaelic, is a distinguished public research institution situated in Edinburgh, Scotland. It holds a remarkable legacy, having been established by the town council with the authority of a royal charter from King James VI in 1582, and subsequently inaugurated in 1583. This venerable institution ranks among Scotland’s four ancient universities and stands as the sixth-oldest university globally that has been continually operational in the English-speaking world.
Applications are currently open for the Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh for the academic year 2023-2024. The primary objective of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is to contribute significantly to addressing the critical climate crisis. This program is unwavering in its commitment to fostering a community of skilled, enterprising, and compassionate leaders hailing from diverse regions of Sub-Saharan Africa. The program is dedicated to equipping young individuals with the requisite knowledge, expertise, and networks needed to propel sustainable transitions. It achieves this by offering a diverse range of outstanding postgraduate opportunities with a strong focus on sustainability through the Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh.
Details about Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
- Includes study materials, travel, lodging, a living expense allowance, and any authorized tuition
- An initiative on climate leadership aimed at motivating and assisting Scholars in bringing about change in their nations and communities.
- Scholars with impairments are provided with additional help based on a needs assessment.
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh:
- Applicants should meet the academic requirements for admission to the University of Edinburgh in a relevant degree program as listed.
- Generally, applicants are expected to have achieved academic qualifications equivalent to a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Specific entry requirements for your country can be found on the University’s website.
- Candidates must have faced significant obstacles in their pursuit of an education, which may have been monetary, practical, social, health-related, or personal.
- By September 2023, candidates must have finished their undergraduate degree, received their official final transcript, and received their degree certificate. By the deadline of December 7th, these files ought to be accessible for uploading with the scholarship application.
- Candidates must be citizens or inhabitants of a Sub-Saharan African nation, or they must have refugee status in one of these nations.
- Candidates ought to have had difficulties with their schooling and early careers.
- Candidates need to show that they have a history of serving and leading in their community.
- Candidates ought to be highly motivated to address the climate catastrophe, or at the very least, have experience doing it.
- Candidates must be under 35 on September 1, 2024, to be considered.
- A postgraduate degree must not have been earned earlier, and recipients of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship are not permitted to be enrolled or plan to enroll at another university at this time.
- Scholarship applications from female academics, those with impairments, and those from refugee and displaced backgrounds are also encouraged.
The following standards are used in the application selection process:
- The candidate’s academic standing to be admitted to the University of Edinburgh
- A history of being a transformative leader and doing community service.
- Application quality is consistent with the climate justice topic of the Scholars Program.
- Potential effects on how the applicant’s native nation develops.
- Candidates who have encountered major obstacles in their educational journey (be they social, economic, individual, practical, or health-related).
Application Process for Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships
It is required of applicants to register or log in here to apply for the scholarship. To get admitted to the University of Edinburgh, you must meet academic requirements. Before submitting an admissions application, candidates must apply for this award, according to the institution. Applications submitted through a method other than the online application system will not be accepted by the Scholars Program. Please email the admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships that are not addressed in the FAQs. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: December 7, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.