Application is now open for the Monash University International Leadership Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Monash University and Scholarship
Monash University is a public research university with its headquarters in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (/mnae/). It was established in 1958 and is the second-oldest university in the state, bearing the name of a notable World War I general by the name of Sir John Monash. There are several campuses for the institution, including one in Malaysia and five in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville). Additionally, Monash has research and teaching facilities in Prato, Italy, Mumbai, India, Suzhou, China, and Tangerang, Indonesia. It also maintains graduate research schools in each of those countries. South Africa is one of the countries where Monash University courses are offered. The institution receives more applications than any other institution in Victoria.
Students from other countries who have been admitted to Monash University in Australia and satisfy the qualifying conditions may apply for the Monash International Leadership Scholarship. Therefore, anyone who meets the requirements for the scholarship may apply. One of the foreign scholarships available in Australia through Monash University is the Monash International Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship is open to those chosen for an undergraduate program at the university. The students must comply with the terms and conditions to receive the scholarship amount. The application process for each scholarship may change, therefore students should carefully study the instructions before submitting their application before the deadline.
Details about Monash University International Leadership Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Monash University, Australia
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: 4
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Monash University, Australia
- 100% of the course fees (excluding OSHC, housing, and living expenses) have been paid up until the beneficiary has earned the required amount of points for their degree.
- The UG students who made the shortlist will be requested to apply for a spot in Monash Minds, a new leadership program for first-year students.
- Additionally, recipients may be requested to participate in or be featured in pertinent Monash marketing, recruitment, and promotional activities.
Eligibility Criteria for Monash University International Leadership Scholarship
Students from other countries who are enrolling in undergraduate and graduate programs at Monash University are eligible for the Monash International Leadership Scholarship. The candidate needs to satisfy the following requirements:
- One who is studying abroad
- Full-time student in an undergraduate program
- A comprehensive array of courses at Monash.
- Not receiving any additional financial benefits from Monash University or other organizations/bodies, including scholarships, grants, or financial incentives
- Not eligible for the award are students enrolled in the following courses:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Doctor of Medicine
- Students in Monash Pathway programs (like Monash College and Monash University Foundation Year).
- Either those transferring from another Monash campus or those coming from another Australian university apply to Monash.
- Students in Australia’s Year 12 are studying. For the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence, you could qualify.
Additionally, applicants who are moving from another Monash campus or an Australian university are not eligible for this award.
The scholarship application is chosen based on the student’s potential to represent Monash University as well as their academic accomplishments. To continue receiving the Monash International Leadership Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Keep your semester-to-semester Weighted Average Mark (WAM) at 70.
- Participate in a minimum of three marketing and/or scholarship promotion campaigns.
- Attendance at formal scholarship events, participation in a variety of marketing initiatives, and networking engagements are among these activities.
Application Procedure for Monash University International Leadership Scholarship
- This scholarship requires you to fill out an application form.
- You must have obtained a full course offer from Monash that is unconditional before applying for this scholarship. Only the same calendar year may be used to postpone a scholarship.
Note: Don’t provide any supporting materials with your application; they won’t be taken into account. There may be a distinct application procedure for each scholarship or none at all. Before submitting your application, carefully read the instructions. Visit the scholarships application page for more information.
Round one: 15 October
Semester one or two of the following year
Round two: 15 November
Semester one or two of the following year
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.