Commerce is the exchange of goods and services, especially on a large scale. It also include legal, economic, social, cultural, political, and technological systems that operate in any country or internationally.
Majority of graduates who are willing to run a Ph.D. program in commerce don’t acquire certain financial help which we will discuss about in this article. Note that the discipline is either classified under Business, Social sciences, or as an Independent Discipline in universities.
Hence in this article, we will discuss the Top Ph.D. Scholarships for Commerce Students who want to pursue the programs at PhD level.
What is PhD of Commerce?
You need to know that business touches almost every aspect of modern life so if you want to pursue a degree in commerce you can learn required skills to succeed in business. The course graduate programs cover a range of business-related subjects like finance, forecasting, accounting, management, and budgeting.
Note that having PhD in Commerce, you can decide to work as subject matter experts or consultants for governmental agencies or non-governmental organizations. Ph.D. in Commerce and Management is a 3-year doctorate level course in Commerce and Business Management.
To be eligible for admission to the program, the qualification is to have completed the post-graduation degree in commerce or should hold an M.Phil. degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and above from a recognized university listed under UGC/AIU.
List of PhD Scholarships for Commerce Students
- The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship is among the Scholarships for the course Students available to Masters and PhD degree in the field of any area within the scope of the university. The scholarship is Full Funding and will provide funding for up to 24 months for Masters or Doctoral degree study to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawaii. Click here for more details.
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program is a scholarship program available to Masters and PhD degree in the field of Economics, health, education, management, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields. This scholarship is Full Funding, which includes Tuition fee plus Monthly Stipend and other expenses. Click here for more details.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists is a scholarship program available to Masters, PhD, and Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in diverse field of Scholarships. This PhD scholarships for Commerce is provided by State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, which will be announced later, after the completion of the procedure. For more information, click here.
- Bertha Centre Scholarship is a PhD scholarship for Commerce is available to Masters, PhD, and MBA degree in the field of programs offered by the University. The scholarship is provided by University of Cape Town and its value is either Partial Funding, Full or Partial Costs. Click here for further information.
- VU Diversity Graduate Research Scholarship is a commerce scholarship available to PhD degree students in the field of subjects offered by the University. The scholarship is provided by Victoria University and the value of the scholarship is a Partial Funding of $25,849. It is open to Australia and New Zealand citizens. For more information, click here.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a commerce scholarship program available to Masters and PhD degree students in any field of study. The scholarship is provided by The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs under the IIE Placement service. The value of Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Commerce Students is Partial Funding – Tuition fee. Click here to find more details.
- William Machin Doctoral Scholarships is a scholarship program available to PhD degree in the field of courses offered at the University. The William Machin Doctoral Scholarships for postgraduate students is provided by Lincoln University. The scholarship for commerce students is Partial Funding, Depending on the course. For more details, click here.
Find more articles on Student Resources here