Application is now open for the Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship at Australian National University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Australian National University and Scholarship
Australia’s capital city of Canberra is home to the Australian National University (ANU), a public research institution, and a Group of Eight members. Seven teaching and research colleges, as well as several national academies and organizations, are located on the main Acton site.
ANU is ranked #1 in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere by the 2022 QS World University Rankings and second by the Times Higher Education rankings. Among all universities worldwide, it is ranked equal to 54th by the 2022 Times Higher Education and equal to 27th by the 2022 QS Globe University Rankings. In 2021, ANU (the top university in Australia) will be ranked 20th in the Global Employability University Ranking and Survey.
ANU, founded in 1946, is the only institution authorized by the Australian Parliament. It began at Canberra University College, established in 1929, and absorbed into ANU in 1960. The ANU employs 4,517 staff employees, 13,329 undergraduate students, and 11,021 graduates. The college had a $1.8 billion endowment as of 2018.
Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship is sponsored by the Australian National University’s College of Science and College of Health and Medicine. In memory of his late father, Dr. Angus Nicholson, Mr. Jon Nicholson generously provided funding for the award. Up to $10,000 will be awarded yearly to each scholarship winner.
Details about Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship at Australian National University:
Scholarship Sponsor: ANU College of Health and Medicine & the ANU College of Science
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Australian National University, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship
The following requirements must be met to be considered for the Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship at Australian National University:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Students accepted into a bachelor’s degree program.
- For University-offered Undergraduate Courses, the Award is Available.
- Using academic merit
- Students taking up full-time enrollment in the honors program during the semester in which the prize is given.
- Outstanding personal achievement abilities (such as emotional maturity, motivation, persistence, etc.)
- A copy of your high school transcript and/or your GRE scores, along with a certified translation of your transcript if it isn’t in English.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required of applicants.
- Candidates need to have a strong sense of responsibility, be able to work independently in a systematic way, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- The Australian National University must have made a full-time program offer to the applicant.
- Application procedure based on leadership proof and merit
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must show proof that they fulfill the ANU’s minimal standards for English language competency.
Use the contact information to ask for an alternate file format or award terms for earlier years that aren’t included.
Application Process for Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship
- Apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your love for science and academic accomplishments if you want to be considered for the award.
- The applicant must also arrange for two references from individuals who are qualified to support the application and remark on this enthusiasm and make arrangements for the referees to email their reports to email@example.com.
This scholarship does not have its application form. To finish the application procedure, one must, however, send in all the needed paperwork by the date listed on the scholarship website.
Student Services CoS and CHM
+61 2 6125 2809
The Application Period is: 15 September to 30 November (Annually)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.