The ANSO Visiting Fellowship on Mega-Science Facilities is open to early-career scientists as well as more seasoned researchers who are willing to spend several months working on-site at mega-science facilities. The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) seeks to advance S&T’s capability at the regional, national, and international levels, as well as to increase human livelihoods and well-being. Additionally, it aims to promote more extensive S&T collaboration and communication both locally and internationally. Following these objectives, ANSO launched the visiting fellowship program, also known as the Fellowship.
With the aid of the Fellowship, scientists from all over the world will have the opportunity to work in high-impact, high-quality mega-science facilities in China and resolve scientific problems that are important to both the academic community and the general public. They are required to carry out research along with CAS researchers.
- Visiting Fellowship for Senior Scientists
- Visiting Fellowship for Early-Career Scientists
About Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO)
The Chinese Academy of Sciences and 36 other international scientific and educational organizations from around the world created ANSO in 2018, a non-profit, non-governmental international scientific organization. The “Belt and Road Initiative” of China, which promoted “joint consultation, joint effort, and joint sharing,” served as the foundation for the creation of ANSO. By initiating and carrying out specific initiatives for international collaboration in science and technology, ANSO is dedicated to advancing shared development, sustainable development, and the advancement of the UN SDGs.
Worths of ANSO Visiting Fellowship on Mega-Science Facilities
- Early-Career Scientist Visiting Fellowship: RMB 20,000/month (pre-tax) + Round-Trip Travel Allowance.
- Fellowship for Senior Scientists to Visit
- Professors or experts of a comparable caliber: RMB 40,000/month (pre-tax) + Round-trip travel reimbursement.
- Associate professors or experts at a similar level: RMB 30,000 per month (pre-tax) with round-trip compensation.
ANSO Visiting Fellowship on Mega-Science Facilities – Eligibility
Visiting Fellowship for Early-Career Scientists
- Accessible to scholars who are just starting their careers.
- They may be post-doctoral scholars, lecturers, or assistant professors who are enthusiastic to spend three to nine months conducting relevant research on CAS mega-science facilities.
- Although applications from researchers outside of academia may also be taken into consideration, in general, candidates should have at least a Ph.D. in a relevant field or have equivalent work experience.
Visiting Fellowship for Senior Scientists
- Open to academics with more extensive backgrounds in related subjects.
- They could be professors, associate professors, or experts at a comparable level in related subjects who are eager to spend two to three months conducting pertinent research on CAS mega-science facilities.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for ANSO Visiting Fellowship
- Support for ANSO’s objectives of:
- Increasing the scope, visibility, and effect of ANSO’s research Developing young people with exceptional abilities and potential
- Enhancing international intellectual exchanges between researchers and organizations
- Enhancing the ability to conduct specific topic research
- Possibility to greatly improve long-term academic partnerships in line with these objectives.
- Future dedication to creating mega-science facilities.
- The ability to further contacts and partnerships with premier institutions and international organizations.
How to Apply
Have you considered applying for the ANSO Visiting Fellowship on Mega-Science Facilities? To apply, visit the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) at www.anso.org.cn.
Include the following in your application:
- Application Form: Make sure you include all the information that has been required.
- Cover Letter: A succinct letter outlining your research goals and why you want to work at the mega-science complex. The letter should outline your projected research agenda and how the fellowship would advance your current work.
- Brief Research Proposal: The research question should be clearly stated in the study proposal, along with information on the literature to be consulted, the analytical framework, and the methodology to be used. It should also be covered how the proposed study relates to the applicant’s prior work.
- Recommendation letters for a current curriculum vitae. Referrers must send two letters.
Before August 15, 2023, send your application package DIRECTLY to the contact person or office of the mega-science facility you want to apply for.
Go to the ANSO website for further information.
August 15, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other China scholarships here.