Application is now open for the University of Twente International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Twente and Scholarship
The University of Twente (UT) stands as a beacon of academic excellence, renowned for its commitment to technological innovation and research prowess. Established in 1961 as Technische Hogeschool Twente (THT), it emerged as the third polytechnic institute in the Netherlands to attain university status after Delft University of Technology and Eindhoven University of Technology.
The university’s impressive global standing is underscored by its consistent placement within the top 170 universities worldwide, according to multiple central ranking tables. Notably, the Keuzegids Universiteiten, a prominent national university ranking, has recognized the University of Twente as the best technical university in the Netherlands. Collaborating with esteemed institutions like Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, and the Wageningen University and Research Centre under the 4TU umbrella, the UT is at the forefront of fostering collaborative research and innovation.
One of the standout departments within the University of Twente is the Department of Biomechanical Engineering, which has recently announced an International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics for the upcoming academic session of 2024/2025. This research initiative is poised to make substantial contributions to the field by developing advanced methods for modeling and controlling soft/flexible surgical devices and medical microrobots. The overarching goal is to enhance targeting accuracy during minimally invasive procedures, ultimately leading to improved clinical outcomes and the advancement of medical technologies.
Collaboration lies at the heart of this research project, with the Surgical Robotics Laboratory, the Department of Biomechanical Engineering, and other esteemed institutions coming together to push the boundaries of knowledge and innovation. The interdisciplinary nature of this endeavor underscores the University of Twente’s commitment to addressing complex challenges and contributing to the ever-evolving landscape of scientific discovery.
As the University of Twente continues to be a trailblazer in technological research and education, its legacy of fostering innovation, collaboration, and academic excellence remains an inspiration for aspiring scholars and researchers worldwide. The International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics exemplifies the university’s dedication to cutting-edge research and its unwavering commitment to shaping the future of science and technology.
Details about the University of Twente International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Twente, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: € 2,770 – € 3,539
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Twente, Netherlands
- A four-year, full-time PhD post;
- The organization offers top-notch facilities, interesting international research environments, and great mentorship;
- A program at Graduate School Twente for professional and personal growth;
- A gross monthly wage of € 3.539 in the fourth year and € 2.770 in the first year of employment;
- A yearly bonus of 8.3% and a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross income;
- A strong pension plan;
- A minimum of 29 holidays in a year if working a full-time job.
- The University of Texas offers a vibrant, global environment that combines the advantages of academic research with a highly relevant industry topic, first-rate working conditions, an engaging scientific setting, and a verdant, active campus.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Twente International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the University of Twente International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics:
- Countries Eligible: All countries are welcome to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any course that the university offers is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Requirements for Admittance: Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a master’s degree in applied physics, nanotechnology, mechanical, biomedical, or electrical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Have a strong background in one or more of the following research areas: image processing, robotics, mechatronics, mechanical design, nano-/microfabrication technologies, system dynamics and control, or robotics and control.
Application Procedure for University of Twente International PhD Position in Surgical Robotics
Are you interested and eligible? Complete the online application form and submit it with the below documents:
- Title and abstract of the Master’s project/thesis
- CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
For further details on this position, please contact Prof. Sarthak Misra, at email@example.com. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: 15 March 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.