Application is now open for the Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship for Nursing Students at Deakin University. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Deakin University and Scholarship
Deakin University is a public university located in Victoria, Australia. It was established in 1974 and is named after Alfred Deakin, who served as the second Prime Minister of Australia.
As a tribute to the enduring commitment of Anthea Jane Wilson to the field of nursing, with a particular focus on emergency nursing, her parents have created a scholarship in her honor at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Deakin University. The Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship is designed to support postgraduate nursing students who are experiencing financial difficulties. This scholarship serves as a meaningful way to commemorate Anthea Jane Wilson’s dedication to the field of nursing and provide assistance to those pursuing advanced studies in this field.
Details about Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship for Nursing Students at Deakin University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Value: $12,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
The Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship at Deakin University provides financial support to eligible postgraduate nursing students. The scholarship includes:
- Tuition Fee Contribution: It covers tuition fee contribution payments for the standard full-time duration of the course. This means it assists in covering the costs of your academic program.
- Cash Payment: In addition to the tuition fee contribution, the scholarship may also offer a cash payment. This cash payment provides further financial assistance to the recipient.
- Minimum Total Value: The minimum total scholarship value is $12,000. However, the exact value of the scholarship may vary and will be confirmed at the time of the offer.
Eligibility Criteria for Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship for Nursing Students
Before applying, prospective applicants should make sure they satisfy all requirements.
To qualify, you must be:
- a domestic scholar
- a commencing student enrolled in one of the following courses in Semester 1 2024:
- Graduate Certificate of Emergency Nursing (H566)
- Graduate Diploma of Emergency Nursing (H666)
- Graduate Certificate of Intensive Care Nursing (H545)
- Graduate Diploma of Intensive Care Nursing (H645)
- Graduate Certificate of Cardiac Nursing (H565)
- Graduate Diploma of Cardiac Nursing (H665)
- Graduate Certificate of Critical Care Nursing (H567)
- Graduate Diploma of Critical Care Nursing (H667)
A student enrolled in a Graduate Diploma program who is struggling financially will receive preference.
As the winner of the scholarship, you are required to:
- Compose an introduction outlining your educational objectives and the significance of being awarded the prize.
- After completing your studies, submit a completion statement.
- Be willing to take part in donor engagement events and refrain from holding another scholarship at the same time.
When you apply for the Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship at Deakin University, here’s what you can expect during the assessment and notification process:
- Assessment and Ranking: Your scholarship application will be evaluated and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and any supporting documentation you submit.
- Communication: If your application is successful, you will receive a notification via the email address you specified in your application portal account. However, if your application is not successful, you will not receive a notification.
- Notification Timing: Successful applicants are typically informed of the scholarship award within six weeks of the application closing date. This allows you to plan accordingly.
- Checking Application Status: To check the status of your scholarship application, you can log in to your scholarship application portal account.
Required Documents for Application
When applying for the Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship at Deakin University, it’s important to pay attention to the supporting documentation you provide. Here are some key points to consider:
- Supporting Documentation: As part of your application, you will need to upload supporting documentation. If you are claiming financial hardship, ensure that you provide the necessary evidence to support your claim.
- Document Types: Be sure to select the correct document type when uploading your documents. Choosing the right document type is crucial as documents uploaded into the incorrect category may not be considered during the assessment of your application.
- Quality over Quantity: Focus on providing high-quality, relevant, and concise documents. It’s not about the quantity of documents but the quality of the evidence you present. Make sure the documents you submit are current and directly related to your application.
Application Process for Anthea Jane Wilson Scholarship for Nursing Students
Using the Scholarship Application Portal, you may apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin. If you are qualified, your application will be immediately reviewed for this award when you apply directly to Deakin by selecting the ‘Postgraduate award Application Tri/Sem 1 2024’ option.
This raises your chances of getting a Deakin scholarship and lowers the number of scholarships you need to apply for. There are only a few scholarships available, therefore the application procedure is quite competitive. Regretfully, scholarships will not be awarded to every qualifying candidate.
The Submission Deadline is: February 14, 2024, at 5 pm
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.