Are you on the lookout for the top architecture schools in the world to study? And do you wish to pursue an undergraduate or master’s degree program in the field of architecture from one of the leading Universities in the world?
Continue reading this article as we list out the top architecture schools in the world as rated by the dependable QS world University ranking system. The system rates Universities all over the world based on some factors which include the volume of research output by Universities, the quality of teaching and research facilities, employability of graduates, among other factors.
So, if you currently seek to study Architecture and need a guide about what school to choose, we have gathered this list to help you make comparisons and select from the top architecture schools in the world.
Selecting the right course for your career is a life-changing decision. Courses like architecture that are exclusively specialized frequently bring questions like; Should I be an architect? Is architecture difficult? Studying architecture the best for me? Is architecture a good career? But don’t you worry as we will be giving you the appropriate answer to your questions.
Obtaining an architecture degree can be very rewarding. But it is also one of the hardest, with long hours, a heavy workload, and a focus on details, so understanding what you’re getting into is very important.
Architecture as flow involves the planning and design of infrastructure which includes homes, factories, offices, and other buildings. But aside from this, the job of the architect is also to determine the aim and requirements of the structures and to establish preliminary estimates on the cost and construction time.
It is also a flow that works on specifications such as drawings and scaled documents, creating contract documents for construction contractors, and managing construction contracts by monitoring whether architectural plans are being followed.
The Time Duration to Study Architecture
High school graduates who want to become an architect can pursue a Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch. program), which usually takes five years to complete. While pre-professional bachelor’s degree programs in architectural studies or construction management take four years to complete.
So to determine the number of years it takes to study architecture depends on the school you choose and the program they offer.
List of the Top Architecture Schools in the World
Here is a list of some of the top architecture schools in the world:
- Harvard University is one of the Ivy League research universities in the United States. The University has maintained a long history of academic excellence over the years and it is constantly the top best Universities in the world every year.
- University College London currently ranks among the top architecture schools in the world. The University is based in London England as a public research University.
- The Delft University of Technology is known to be the oldest school of technology in the Netherlands and currently rates among the top engineering and technology schools in the world. The University occupies a position among the top architecture schools in the world.
- ETH Zurich is a prestigious University with a focus in the fields of Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The University is currently considered as one of the top architecture schools in the world.
- University of California, Berkeley is a public research university founded in 1868. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across different disciplines. It is also one of the top architecture schools in the world.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private research university in the United States established in 1861 during the surge in industries in the US. The University was formed to meet the demand for experts during the period of rapid industrialization in the US.
Find more articles on Student Resources here