Application is now open for the Bar Association of Queensland Scholarship at the University of Queensland. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Queensland and Scholarship
The University of Queensland (UQ, or Queensland University) is an Australian public research university with its main campus in Brisbane, the state capital of Queensland. It was established in 1902. UQ was established in 1909 by the Queensland government and is one of the six sandstone universities, which is a colloquial phrase for the oldest institution in each state. Based on the aggregate rankings of the three most prominent institutions in the world, the University of Queensland is ranked second in Australia and 42nd overall in 2023. UQ is also a founding member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, a worldwide group that prioritizes high-quality research, and edX, the top Group of Eight universities in Australia.
Southwest of Brisbane’s central business area, the main St. Lucia campus takes up most of St. Lucia’s riverfront inner neighborhood. In addition to the Gatton campus and the Mayne Medical School, UQ has other sites and facilities spread out around Queensland, the largest of which are the latter. The UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, United States, is one of UQ’s international locations, together with the UQ North America headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The Bar Association of Queensland makes an annual gift to support this scholarship, which was created in 2017.
Details about The Bar Association of Queensland Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
Scholarship Sponsor: Bar Association of Queensland/University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $3,000
Number of awards: One
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
The Bar Association of Queensland Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Bar Association of Queensland Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
- are a domestic student
- are enrolled, or plan to enroll, full-time in the Bachelor of Laws (Honors) or a combined degree program with the Bachelor of Law (Honors)
- hold no other scholarship that the Dean deems to be equivalent.
The institution will consider:
- academic achievement
- displayed financial need or hardship
- your interest in pursuing and studying a career in law
- any other information the committee considers relevant.
Application Procedure for The Bar Association of Queensland Scholarship
Use the online application form to apply. You can apply for more scholarships at the same time by filling out the form, which should take at least 20 minutes. Your application can always be resumed after saving your current position.
- your CV
- academic results from grades 11 and 12, or information on your academic successes thus far in law at university as proof of financial difficulty, such as Centrelink and/or ATO records, family income, etc.
- Awards, accomplishments, or prizes you have won for academic success
Applicants will be asked to write about and explain:
- Why are you interested in studying law? Describe your goals after graduating from college in no more than 300 words.
- Your monetary plight or necessity (500 maximum words)
- Your character traits (500 maximum words). This might include anything you feel is pertinent to your application, such as proof of your leadership potential, information about your responsibility for others, community participation, accomplishments in the arts or sports, etc.
One file only may be uploaded per field. Combine your files into a single. doc,docx, pdf, or .zip file if you have several. Save the file using the following naming convention: Document type: Lastname-Firstname-SmithSam-supporting-evidence.zip, for example. To assist you in completing this procedure, use the school tips for putting together a great application.
The selection committee will convene immediately following the application deadline, and you will be informed in writing of the results. If the school decide to select you, they could get in touch with you to set up an interview. Review the scholarship guidelines here.
Applications open 1 August 2023
Applications close on 16 February 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.