Application is now open for the Bennington College International Student Financial Aid. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications before the deadline date.
About Bennington College and Scholarship
Bennington College offers a distinctive and progressive approach to education that sets it apart as a unique institution for students seeking an individualized academic experience. The college empowers students to shape their educational paths and engage closely with professors. With its small class sizes, a strong commitment to interdisciplinary learning, and a reputation for excellence in the arts, Bennington creates an exceptional environment for self-motivated, creative, and intellectually curious students to explore their interests and construct a well-rounded education within a tight-knit community.
Bennington College’s rich history traces back to the early stages of planning in 1924, a process that culminated nine years later in its establishment. Four central figures played pivotal roles in the college’s foundation: Vincent Ravi Booth, Mr. and Mrs. Hall Park McCullough, and William Heard Kilpatrick.
In 1924, Mrs. Hall Park McCullough led a Women’s Committee in organizing the Colony Club Meeting, which drew around 500 civic leaders and educators from across the United States. This landmark event resulted in the acquisition of a charter and the formation of a board of trustees for Bennington College. Among the distinguished trustees was John Dewey, an influential figure in the field of education, who contributed to shaping many of the college’s signature programs. These programs, including The Plan Process and Field Work Term, are rooted in Dewey’s educational principles.
The construction of the original Bennington College campus, designed by the Boston architectural firm J.W. Ames and E.S. Dodge, commenced with a groundbreaking ceremony on August 16, 1931. By 1936, the campus was fully realized. The architects were responsible for the design of Commons, the 12 original student houses, and the transformation of the Barn from a former farm building into classrooms and administrative offices.
To open doors for students and facilitate their pursuit of academic and career aspirations, Bennington College offers the International Student Financial Aid program. This initiative is dedicated to providing support to students from around the world who are eager to embark on their undergraduate journey at Bennington College in the United States.
Details about Bennington College International Student Financial Aid:
Scholarship Sponsor: Bennington College, USA
Scholarship Value: Up to $64,543
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Bennington College, USA
The following study-related costs will be covered by Bennington College:
- Bennington offers need-based grants to overseas students that average $33,760 annually.
- Bennington offers annual scholarships to overseas students ranging from $7,500 to $40,000. A merit scholarship typically pays $31,130.
- For overseas students, the average annual financial assistance package is $64,543.
Eligibility Criteria for Bennington College International Student Financial Aid
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Bennington College International Student Financial Aid:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Courses or Subjects Eligible: Students may apply for an undergraduate degree in any subject the institution offers.
- Qualification Standards: The candidates must fulfill each of the following requirements to be eligible:
The candidates need to have completed high school and maintained a strong GPA.
- Requirements for Admission: Applicants must provide a certificate from one standardized exam, such as the ACT or SAT.
- Language Requirement: Successful applicants usually have at least 100 on the TOEFL, 7 on the IELTS, 130 on the DET, or 70 on the PTE Academic. However, Bennington does not have a minimum score for any of these examinations. We will evaluate a student’s English proficiency using interviews and any written examples included in the application in addition to these tests.
Documents Required for Application
You must send your authentic high school transcripts from each year straight from the institution. Your transcripts should be supplied with an official translation if they are not in English. Needed is the equivalent of a high school diploma in the United States.
Application Process for Bennington College International Student Financial Aid
Students can apply to Bennington using either the Dimensional Application or the Common Application, depending on which method is most convenient for them. For candidates from abroad, further information is available here. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: November 15, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.