Application is now open for the Berea College Scholarships 100% of tuition fee. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Berea College and Scholarship
Private liberal arts institution Berea College is located in Berea, Kentucky. Berea institution, which was established in 1855, was the first coeducational, racially integrated institution in the Southern United States. After deducting the entire amount of a student’s Pell Award, additional grants, and scholarships, the institution offers a work-study award to pay the balance of their tuition. Southern Appalachia is Berea’s major service area, although students come from more than 40 states and 70 different nations. One in three pupils self-identifies as being of color.
As the first non-segregated, coeducational college in the South and one of a select few institutions of higher learning to admit both male and female students in the middle of the 19th century, Berea College was founded in 1855 by the abolitionist and Augusta College graduate John Gregg Fee (1816-1901). On property that politician and abolitionist Cassius Marcellus Clay gave to Fee, the college first existed as a one-room schoolhouse that also doubled as a chapel on Sundays.
33 majors are available for bachelor’s degrees at Berea. It includes a work-study requirement that mandates students put in at least 10 hours a week of service to the college. The first year of enrollment for overseas students enrolled at Berea College is fully funded, making it the first institution in the United States to do so. Berea College does not charge tuition. All accepted students are given the 100% tuition reimbursement known as the No-Tuition Promise. The first year of enrollment for every overseas student at Berea College is fully funded, making it the only institution in the United States to do so. Tuition, lodging, board, and other fees are covered through a mix of financial aid and scholarships.
Details about Berea College Scholarships 100% of tuition fee:
Scholarship Sponsor: Berea College, USA
Scholarship Value: 100% of tuition costs
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Berea College, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Berea College Scholarships 100% of Tuition fee
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Berea College Scholarships 100% of tuition fee:
- Students with high academic potential and financial need must apply to Berea College. The majority of Berea College students have ACT (or SAT equivalent) scores between 20 and 30 and a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 in a rigorous college prep program. The ACT and SAT are both available to students.
- Additional elements will also be considered, including levels of motivation, leadership skills, and community involvement.
- Application procedure based on leadership proof and merit.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must show proof that they fulfill Berea College’s basic standards for English language competency.
The packet mentioned above contains all of the following items, which must be sent to the office of admissions in one package:
- Form for International Admission and Scholarship.
- Personal Statement Cover Sheet for International Students.
- Certified transcripts from your secondary school. SEND NO ORIGINALS.
- Personal Financial Situation Statement.
- The IFQ is an international financial questionnaire.
- Form for Financial Recommendation Internationally.
- Two (2) forms for admission recommendations, at least one of which must be completed by a teacher who is either still teaching or has just retired.
- Copy of at least one of the following examinations’ official results: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT. To meet the deadline and include a copy of your test results in your package, you should register and take the exam as soon as possible.
Note: Berea College has a long tradition of embracing students of different racial backgrounds, nations, and religious beliefs. You will most certainly be welcome if you visit Berea. You must satisfy several criteria to be considered for admission to Berea College, which is competitive.
Application Process for Berea College Scholarships 100% of Tuition fee
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to seek an alternate submission method if you are unable to mail in your application packet by November 1. Before November 1, no requests for mailing exceptions will be considered. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: November 30 (Annually)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.