Application is now open for the Bishop Grosseteste University International Office Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Bishop Grosseteste University and Scholarship
Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) stands as one of the two public universities gracing the city of Lincoln, England, alongside the University of Lincoln. Founded in 1862 as a teacher training college for the Diocese of Lincoln, BGU has evolved over the years, gaining taught degree awarding powers in 2012.
With approximately 2,300 full-time students, BGU offers a diverse range of programs and courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The university’s academic offerings include apprenticeships, doctoral studies, and foundation and honors degrees. Notably, BGU provides various routes into teaching, such as the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BSc), and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Additionally, students have the flexibility to pursue joint honors options and explore major/minor combinations in many subjects.
The university’s commitment to academic excellence is complemented by its support for students involved in extra-curricular activities. The International Office at Bishop Grosseteste University offers a range of scholarships for applicants who demonstrate exceptional achievements and dedication outside the academic realm. These scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition fee waivers, with the potential to cover up to 30% of the international tuition fee for the respective program.
Details about Bishop Grosseteste University International Office Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
Scholarship Value: Up to a maximum of 30% of the international tuition fee
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Bishop Grosseteste University International Office Scholarship
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for Bishop Grosseteste University International Office Scholarship:
- All international students are welcome.
- Candidates must exhibit academic excellence.
- A first degree with at least an upper second-class (2:1) grade is required of applicants, or they must have both a second-class degree and a suitable postgraduate certificate (typically a Master’s degree).
- Candidates must exhibit excellence in extracurricular activities as well as dedication to them.
Application Procedure for Bishop Grosseteste University International Office Scholarship
You must first apply to and be accepted into one of the school programs to be eligible to apply for a BGU scholarship. Upon receiving an offer for a program, kindly download and complete the application form.
During the application process, candidates will be required to specify the scholarship for which they are applying as well as their academic background, relevant work experience, and/or desired career path. Candidates should also refer to any supplementary materials to support their proposal. Among the options are, but are not restricted to:
- Academic merit: All course requirements, including linguistic competency in English, test results, transcripts, references, and honors or awards received in school, are met.
- Career Aspirations: Applicants should discuss their desired professional path and how they hope to make a difference in the field they have selected. Candidates should demonstrate how the suggested academic course fits into their intended career path.
- Financial need: Should their application be accepted, candidates must describe their financial circumstances and how they plan to pay for the remaining costs. To meet the requirements for a Tier 4 visa, applicants—regardless of the existence of a scholarship—must provide proof that they can afford their living expenses while in the UK.
- Impact on development: Applicants should describe how they intend to use their education to advance and improve society in their home nation. Candidates should provide proof of any prior involvement in pertinent projects to demonstrate their commitment to “development” goals.
- Extracurricular Activities: Candidates should provide proof of any extracurricular involvement in volunteerism, leadership, or humanitarian activity that has enhanced their graduation skills.
Note: Completed application forms should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly stating “International Scholarship Application.”
The Submission Deadline is: May 31, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.