Application is now open for the Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship at the Australian Catholic University. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Australian Catholic University and Scholarship
An Australian public university called Australian Catholic University (ACU). Additionally to maintaining a school in Rome, it operates seven campuses throughout Australia. Australia is home to seven campuses of ACU, including those in Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, and Sydney (Blacktown, North Sydney, and Strathfield), as well as Leadership Centers in Adelaide and Townsville. In partnership with the Catholic University of America, which is based in Rome, Italy, the university launched the Rome Centre in 2015.
The Australian Catholic University National Students’ Association (ACUNSA), which represents students both individually and collectively, is a national student organization that includes student representation councils on each ACU campus.
Students also participate in Australia’s biggest annual multisport event, the Australian Institution Games, which the institution also organizes each year.
The ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship was created in 2016 to give a postgraduate theology student who has shown a continued interest in liturgical studies and/or sacramental theology the opportunity to study one 600-level course in liturgy or sacraments at ACU.
Details about the Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship at Australian Catholic University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Australian Catholic University
Scholarship Value: Tuition Fee Waiver
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Australian Catholic University
Student type: Future, Commencing, or Current Students
- This scholarship is given in the form of a remission of tuition fees equal to the current ACU tuition for one 600-level unit of study in liturgy or sacramental theology.
Eligibility Criteria for Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship
This Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship is open to applicants who meet all the following standards, or expect to by the scholarship application date:
- Enrolment in Semester 1, 2024
- Citizenship: domestic
- Faculty: Theology and Philosophy
- Course: any ACU theology masters course
- Enrollment in a 600-level class on liturgy and/or sacraments
- Through earlier study, participation in ministry and/or formation programs, and other activities, demonstrated a continuing interest in the subjects of liturgy and sacraments.
Applications are evaluated according to how well they meet the following standards:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Commitment to the fields of liturgy and sacraments.
Students having a GPA of 5.0 or higher (on the ACU seven-point scale or equivalent) will be given preference. Applications will be narrowed down by the Scholarships Office, and the Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy and a member of the ACU Centre for Liturgy Board of Advisors will serve on the selection committee that chooses the recipient.
Application Procedure for Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship
Interested and eligible candidates should log in or register for the scholarship here. As a part of their application, applicants must submit the following information:
- A 300-word statement that is written outlining:
- Your proven continued interest in sacramental theology or liturgical studies
- Participation in liturgical/sacramental ministry or formation activities in your neighborhood parish or school community in the past or present, as well as your intention to continue participating in these activities
- Information about past coursework in liturgy or sacramental theology and/or upcoming coursework in these academic fields.
- Evidence of your most recent academic success (only applicable to prospective students)
- ATAR or equivalent; or
- academic transcript (including GPA)
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: March 1, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.