Application is now open for the Victoria University of Wellington Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Victoria University of Wellington and Scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington, known in Māori as Te Herenga Waka, stands as a prestigious public research institution.
Victoria University prides itself on offering a broad spectrum of courses, ensuring that entry to all first-year programs is open to aspiring students. However, in certain specialized programs such as law, criminology, creative writing, architecture, and engineering, entry to the second year may be restricted, reflecting the university’s commitment to maintaining high academic standards.
One of the hallmarks of Victoria University is its outstanding research contributions, consistently earning the highest average research grade in the New Zealand Government’s Performance-Based Research Fund exercises.
The university’s commitment to fostering academic growth and excellence extends beyond traditional coursework. The Victoria University Library, established in 1899, stands as a testament to its dedication to scholarly pursuits. The library, dispersed across four locations—Kelburn Library, Law Library, Architecture and Design Library, and Commerce Library—serves as a valuable resource hub for students and researchers alike.
In line with its ethos of promoting holistic well-being, Victoria University of Wellington introduces the Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarship for the academic session 2024/2025. This scholarship, funded by Te Hau Kori – Centre for Physical Activity and Wellbeing, aims to encourage participation in the new suite of postgraduate degrees. Valued at $5,500, the scholarship is dedicated to supporting deserving students by alleviating tuition fees over two years. Recipients are expected to contribute to the scholarly community by completing a Progress Report, adding to the collaborative and dynamic academic environment at Victoria University of Wellington.
Details about Victoria University of Wellington Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Te Hau Kori – Centre for Physical Activity and Wellbeing
Scholarship Value: $5,500
Number of awards: 2
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria for Victoria University of Wellington Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the Victoria University of Wellington Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarships:
- Countries Eligible: Students in the Country
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any course that the university offers is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Acceptable Requirements: To be considered, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- The Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora program must accept applicants.
- Candidates must be domestic students.
- Candidates must attend classes part-time.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the co-directors of Te Hau Kori’s approval. Applications from athletes, Māori and Pasifika heritage, financial difficulties, and refugees will all be taken into consideration. Te Hau Kori’s co-directors will choose the standards for making decisions.
A panel review and discussion will choose the scholarship recipients. Te Hau Kori’s co-directors will make up the panel.
- There is no way to postpone the Scholarship to a future year.
- The Scholarship could be given out in addition to other prizes.
- It is required of recipients to represent the Victoria University of Wellington as ambassadors and, upon request, to take part in marketing initiatives or relevant events.
- The Deciding Authority reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions of the Scholarship in exceptional situations or to protect any applicant from undue hardship. The panel assessment and discussion will choose the scholarship awardees. Te Hau Kori’s co-directors will make up the panel.
- Personal Statement (one-page max.)
- CV (provided through the application for enrollment procedure)
Application Procedure for Victoria University of Wellington Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarships
On the closing day, an online application must be completed and submitted by 4:30 p.m. Applications that arrive late or are not complete will not be accepted. To be considered, the application must also be sent by 4.30 pm on the closing date along with any necessary supporting documentation (including references). Please Contact the admission office with any questions.
The Application Deadline is: 10 February 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here.