Application is now open for City University London Cares Bursary. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About City University London and Scholarship
City University of London is a federal University of London member institution and a public research university in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1894 as the Northampton Institute, and when The City University was established by royal license in 1966, it changed its name to a university.
This scholarship is available to undergraduate students from the Home/UK who are typically residents of England who have experience with being placed in local government care, are irreparably separated from their family, or have unpaid young adult caregiving duties.
You could qualify for the City Cares Bursary if you are a new Home/UK undergraduate student coming to the City and can show proof that you fit into one of the following three categories:
- You now or formerly resided in foster care and are getting assistance from your local authorities.
- Your parents and you are no longer on speaking terms.
- You are a young adult’s unpaid caregiver.
In all cases, you must also:
- Being a regular resident of England
- By the final day of the first term of each academic year, have a residual household income determined by Student Finance England (SFE) of no more than £25,000 per year. Students with the lowest home income are given priority.
- On September 1st of your first year, you must be 25 years old or younger.
Details about City University London Cares Bursary:
Scholarship Sponsor: City University London, UK
Scholarship Value: £3,500
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): City University London, UK
The bursary has a maximum three-year term and is paid £3,500 every passing academic year. Students with the lowest home income are given preference.
Eligibility Criteria for City University London Cares Bursary
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for City University London Cares Bursary:
- Student Finance England must have evaluated eligible students’ household income by the final day of the first term of each academic year. Please arrange a meeting with City Cares after this date to address any mitigating circumstances.
- Eligible students must attend an induction meeting with City Cares and provide supporting documentation.
- Students must be fresh to higher education (that is, they have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree program).
- Students must be beginning their first year of study as new students (those beginning in Year 2, Year 3, or Year 4 are not eligible).
- Undergraduate students who are habitually resident in England are eligible for the bursary.
- Students from Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland are not eligible.
- Students who have their tuition fee status evaluated in the middle of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible.
- City Cares Bursary recipients are not eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship or the City Education Grant.
- Bursaries do not have to be paid back.
- The bursary is renewable for a maximum of three years and is paid in three installments each academic year in January, April, and June. You must be a full-time student. To keep the award, your family income must stay between £0 and £25,000 in each successive academic year, as determined by Student Finance England (SFE).
- The scholarship will not be paid during part-time or full-time repeat academic years, dormant/suspended periods, placement years, or study abroad years.
- If a Sanctuary Scholar’s status changes mid-course and they are no longer eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship, they may be eligible for the City Care Bursary regardless of their year of study, at the manager’s discretion.
- Students in the following groups are not eligible:
- Students who move directly from one course to another (from a foundation degree or HND to the final year of an honors degree, for instance).
- Individuals coming from another institution.
- Students who are pursuing a postgraduate degree.
- Part-time learners.
- Any additional students whose tuition is fully or partially covered by a sponsorship agreement.
Application Procedure for City University London Cares Bursary
There is no official application form for this bursary, but qualified applicants must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register with City Cares. Students must attend an induction meeting with City Cares and provide pertinent documentation to be eligible for the bursary. Additionally, by the final day of the first term of each academic year, students must give us their permission to share their family income through Student Finance England. More information is provided below. After that, if there are any mitigating factors, please schedule a meeting with City Cares.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.