Application is now open for the College of International Education Pathways Scholarships at the University of Newcastle. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Newcastle and Scholarship
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia is home to the renowned University of Newcastle, a public university with a long history that began with its founding in 1965. Apart from its flagship campus located in Newcastle, the university also maintains campuses in Sydney, the Central Coast, Singapore, Newcastle City in the Hunter, and the town of Callaghan.
The innovative use of a problem-based learning paradigm in the undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine curriculum at the University of Newcastle Medical School is well known. Because of the long-lasting effects of this novel strategy, the Australian Medical Council has mandated its statewide use. Since the Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) was established in the early 1990s, the university has been at the vanguard of medical education.
The University of Newcastle has launched a new project called the College of International Education Pathways Scholarships, which aims to provide students with global opportunities and promote international education. Applications for the 2024–2025 academic year are now being accepted for this program, which offers 300 scholarships to international students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees at the College of International Education. By providing these scholarships, the organization seeks to promote an inclusive and varied learning environment while assisting students from all over the world in their pursuit of an education.
Details about College of International Education Pathways Scholarships at the University of Newcastle:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarship Value: $17,575
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Bachelor/Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Newcastle, Australia
The following study-related costs will be reimbursed by the University of Newcastle:
- A 10% fee reduction for each year of continuing study under a full-time study load is the scholarship advantage.
- The cost decrease is distributed across all courses studied, often amounting to AU$350–500 for every ten units of study (just an estimate).
- Applied as a tuition fee reduction against the initial credit number stated in the offer letter for each term of study in the qualified program(s).
- The amount of scholarships offered is only a guide, and the university will make every effort to provide financial assistance to all qualified applicants.
Eligibility Criteria for College of International Education Pathways Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for College of International Education Pathways Scholarships at the University of Newcastle:
- Countries Eligible to Apply: Applications are open to all foreign students.
- Acceptable Course(s): Any course that the University of Newcastle offers
- The candidates must be accepted into the University of Newcastle College of International Education by their successful completion of Foundation Studies, Degree Transfer, Degree Transfer Extended, or Pre-Master’s program.
- Admission Standards: It is advised that applicants fulfill the university’s entrance standards to be accepted into this program.
- Language Requirement: The students must fulfill the university’s criteria for English language competency. The results of IELTS and other standardized tests are recognized.
The following paperwork must be brought to the university by the students:
- Completion certificate
- Proof of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- Academic transcript
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
Application Procedure for College of International Education Pathways Scholarships
No application is needed for this scholarship. At the stage of advancement to the recipient’s undergraduate or graduate coursework degree program, scholarships are automatically sought upon enrollment to the College of International Education (if the eligibility criterion is satisfied). Please read the whole Terms and Conditions for additional details about this scholarship, including eligible programs that are excluded and ongoing requirements. You can visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: 14 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.