Application is now open for the Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Computational Design of Frontier Mater at the University of Sydney. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Sydney and Scholarship
The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University or Sydney Uni, holds a prominent place among Australia’s educational institutions as a public research university. Established in 1850, it stands as the oldest university in the country and is recognized as one of Australia’s six sandstone universities. A trailblazer in academic inclusivity, the University of Sydney was among the first globally to admit students based solely on academic merit and extended this merit-based admission policy to women on par with men.
The university’s academic structure encompasses eight faculties and university schools, providing a diverse range of bachelor, master, and doctoral degree programs. Known for its commitment to excellence, the University of Sydney has consistently demonstrated high rankings across various disciplines. Notably, it holds the second position in sports-related subjects, tenth in anatomy & physiology, 11th in veterinary science, 12th in education, 14th in law and legal studies, 15th in nursing, 16th in architecture, 18th in accounting and finance, 18th in English language and literature, 18th in medicine, and 18th in pharmacy and pharmacology.
In addition to its academic achievements, the University of Sydney is actively involved in cutting-edge research, supported by initiatives such as the computational condensed matter and materials physics scholarship. Funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC) and the University of Sydney, this scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to research students pursuing a Ph.D. within the School of Physics, Faculty of Science. The focus of the research is on conducting first-principles-based density functional theory calculations to enhance the understanding and design of new materials for future high-tech applications. This scholarship underscores the university’s commitment to advancing knowledge and fostering innovation in key scientific domains.
Details about Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Computational Design of Frontier Mater at the University of Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $40,109 p.a. (up to 3.5 years)
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Computational Design of Frontier Mater
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Computational Design of Frontier Mater at the University of Sydney:
- Eligible Countries: Students from both domestic and foreign universities may apply to this program.
- Acceptable Subject or Course: Computational condensed matter and materials physics postgraduate research program.
- Received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Science for full-time study for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Be open to conducting theoretical and computational research on novel materials for enhanced low- and renewable-energy technologies.
- Possess a foundation in condensed matter (solid-state) physics, chemistry, or materials science and engineering
- Possess a master’s degree in a comparable discipline with a significant research component, an honors degree (first class or second class upper), or an equivalent degree.
- Requirements for Admission: Applicants must possess an unqualified offer of admission to a full-time Ph.D. or master’s degree through research, to transfer to a Ph.D. following successful completion of the initial progress review interview.
- Language Requirement: All students must fulfill the English language requirements of the university even if English is not their first language.
Documents Required for Application
Candidates must include at least one of the following papers with their application:
- Letter from medical professional related to pregnancy,
- A surrogacy agreement,
- Birth certificate of the child,
- Adoption documents, or
- Documentation that substantiates the application.
Application Procedure for Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Computational Design of Frontier Mater
Applicants must be enrolled in a postgraduate research program at the University of Sydney to be considered for this application. Following that, they have to finish the application form for this financial chance.
The Application Deadline is: 21 December 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.